Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I didn't get rid of any guns, I just put all of my pistols, except the .22's, in a carry rotation. 19 different pistols total. I carry each one for two weeks and change to a different one every other Friday on payday. I keep track with a list and carry every one before I re-carry one. I've just gone through the list for the third time and started over again Friday with my Browning Hi-Power. I just got tired of so many of them sitting in the safe month after month, never getting shot or carried. Now they get their share of fresh air. Keeps the different holsters limber as well.

·
Premium Member
11,462 Posts
I try to shoot mine every year. I check them twice a year and wipe down with a silicon cloth. Becoming a full time job but someone has to do it.

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Using 19 guns for carry......seems kind of confusing to me. I like getting used to one gun, and making it's correct functioning become a habit.....so you don't have to think, when you draw your gun. I use to carry a S&W M-36 revolver and now I carry a Ruger LC9s pistol.. Glad I finally changed to a 9mm. pistol!!! :cool: I still like to shoot the revolvers, though. Bob

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I agree with Bob. I only have about a dozen handguns (mostly revolvers) which I rotate around when I go to the range. I don't take all of them each trip, maybe just three or four at a time. My carry gun (S&W 637), however, goes each time so I can keep in practice with it. My personal preference is to be proficient with one rather than try to master a whole slew of them, at least for defensive purposes. The rest of them are just for range time, and something to shoot my reloads with. :cool:

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
342 Posts
No, I didn't get rid of any guns, I just put all of my pistols, except the .22's, in a carry rotation. 19 different pistols total. I carry each one for two weeks and change to a different one every other Friday on payday. I keep track with a list and carry every one before I re-carry one. I've just gone through the list for the third time and started over again Friday with my Browning Hi-Power. I just got tired of so many of them sitting in the safe month after month, never getting shot or carried. Now they get their share of fresh air. Keeps the different holsters limber as well.
Not saying there's anything wrong with your plan, but if I was to start carrying a gun for protection, it would be the one I shot the best and no other.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
This is the most idiotic thing possible.
How can anyone get used to 19 different EDCs?

Reactions: 5150

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey TJ,

Keep doing what you're doing.

I alternate, usually betwixt a 5" 1911, or 5" 625 or 5" M25-7. (notice a theme?) LOL

Every so often.......even carry the M-15.. LOL

Folks can be so "narrow"...ROTFLMAO! Why, have even been known to carry 6-1/2" M 25-2, 6-1/2" M-29 or 8-3/8" M 29!

Way thangs be a goin'.........might just start a carryin' the 1895 Marlin! (the 45/70, defining the cover vs concealment argument, since 1873!) LOL (they all be a hidin' behind a ten inch tree? NO PROBLEM!) ROTFLMAO!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I used to rotate three guns for carry but I learned something a few years ago that has stayed with me. What you do in practice you will do in a real life situation. After thinking about that for a minute I switched to one gun that i shoot very well and very consistent. It would be impossible for me to do this with 19 guns. Good luck with your rotation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts