Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been telling myself and the wife, no more 22s. Up jumped the devil in the form of this H&R Sportsman 999.
I've owned some pretty fair H&Rs before but never a 999. This one is a later gun with the new style mainspring
rod, no nylon head to shatter. I had a solid frame one that looked near new and the head shattered the first range trip. This one looks as clean as any I've looked at lately that weren't in the box. Believe I bought it right.
Took it with me this a.m. to the farm and ran a couple of cylinders full through it without a hitch.
Cliff image.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
19,704 Posts
The 999 is the Iconic H&R that most that love 22 revolvers would like to have in their collection. the few I've handled were really good to shoot and made it very easy to empty a 100 round box of mini-mags.
I've never owned one, but been fortunate enough to shoot a few.

Congratulations on the acquisition.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Nice looking H&R revolvers guys! It’s been years since I have seen or handled one of these guns. Although H&R was not considered one of the higher grade makers of that era, the fit and finish of those examples looks as good or better than some of the offerings from todays major players.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts