Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new Carbine that I was working on for the last 9 months. Ordering and waiting for parts on these black AR-15s are like pulling teeth since Obama became president.

I assembled the rifle with a upper and lower from Larue Tactical. PVS-14 mounts are from GG&G (quick disconnect) and also the BUIS (back up iron sights). Larue furnished the surefire weapon mounts and FUG (forward universal grip). Main weapon sight is the Eotech 552 with it's 3X magnifier for day time plinking. The generation 3 night vision is current issue US military PVS-14 with it's 3X military lens attached. The lens can be removed for faster close range shots. Same goes for the daytime configuration, the 3X magnifier can be removed. If the Eotech weapons sight should go down for any reason, I just flip up the back up irons sights. I can see thru the Eotech like it was not even there.

I finished it today and test fired it for the first time later Thursday afternoon. I sighted in the iron sights and weapons sight. I couldn't shoot with the NV as it was too light at the range. Gun runs excellent!

Here are the pictures.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
500 I see you have some serious money invested in just your siting system alone. My colt AR is my favorite shooting rifle fore just outright fun. :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was intended to be my finale rifle. With all the talk of possible bans and restrictions, I wanted something special.
Also, here in Connecticut we live with the assault weapon ban where they restrict what you can own or what configuration your rifle is. IE, no bayonet lug, folding / collapsing stock or flash suppressor. I read the laws and it's perfectly legal for NV. Hey, but it's not an assault weapon! kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
I read the laws and it's perfectly legal for NV. Hey, but it's not an assault weapon!
kfjdrfirii
But,,, it's black
hpzl;n;

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
azmick said:
I read the laws and it's perfectly legal for NV. Hey, but it's not an assault weapon!
kfjdrfirii
But,,, it's black
hpzl;n;
Well of course it's black, it matches my ninja suit! fnovnpoa
I got to go shopping for black socks, all I wear is white.... kubvcabo

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts