Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Night Fision tritium sights for my Shield. I've never bought this brand before, but I'm really pleased with what I got. The front sight has a large orange circle around it for daytime ease of acquiring the sights, and the tritium is in the center of that circle. I got these at OpticsPlanet an I've been pretty pleased with my recent purchases from there. While some places are having trouble with stock or shipping, they seem to be able to get things out quickly.

And....some pics. The tritium is really bright.

Automotive tire Automotive design Tread Tire Automotive wheel system
Input device Peripheral Computer keyboard Camera accessory Gadget
Astronomical object Gas Lens flare Circle Electric blue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you install them or did someone else do it? If you did it how did you do it

I bought some Night Fision tritium sights for my Shield. I've never bought this brand before, but I'm really pleased with what I got. The front sight has a large orange circle around it for daytime ease of acquiring the sights, and the tritium is in the center of that circle. I got these at OpticsPlanet an I've been pretty pleased with my recent purchases from there. While some places are having trouble with stock or shipping, they seem to be able to get things out quickly.

And....some pics. The tritium is really bright.

View attachment 501490 View attachment 501491 View attachment 501492

·
Premium Member
13,722 Posts
Those are nice... S&W used light pipes on their PC version Shield:

Your sights are much more compact, and would function in total darkness.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you install them or did someone else do it? If you did it how did you do it
I did it myself. I almost gave up on the front sight, I bent my brass punch getting the front sight out but it came out. New one went in easier. On the M&P guns, always tap it out from left to right, then tap the new ones in from right to left.

The rear sight came out much easier. On my new ones, there is no set screw for the rear sight but it is very snug and it won't be moving.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are nice... S&W used light pipes on their PC version Shield:

View attachment 501570

Your sights are much more compact, and would function in total darkness.
Thanks, I do really like these trits. I love the look of the fiberoptic sights, my Springfield XD Mod2 in 45acp has them but in total darkness, they're really no better than plain factory sights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts