Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Grizz, we've tried it all, over the years and as long as the "fade' is NOT under or in the finish, we have settled on using Mothers Mag polish,and after you get it pretty well shined up, finish it off with one of those 'micro fiber' cloths....comes out awesome.......but as I said ,sometimes its "in " the finish and will NOT polish out...... fhfjjjj

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Dant will that polish out the real fine hairline scratches on a nickle finish with out wearing the nickle off?I have a nickle model 29 and I keep a couple coats of carnuba wax on it to fill the tiny hairline scratches. But I would like to polish them out.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Mothers will remove the hairline scratches on a nickle finish ,
however,, like everything else.... too much of a good thing....go lightly and by hand,no power tools....
my nickle 29-2 looked "foggy" and had a bunch of scratches.....Mothers removed all the scratches & shined it up like new.
kfjdrfirii

·
Premium Member
8,087 Posts
If you want to really bring out the shine, try some Mother's Billet polish after you've used the Mag polish. It's just a less abrasive polish, so you should use the Mag polish first.

·
Premium Member
8,087 Posts
I was thinking about this question after logging off last night and one thing that needs to be pointed out is that nickel isn't all that thick. I do use both Mother's Mag and Billet polishes on my nickel guns, but I also use it sparingly. I wouldn't get carried away with either. Just use enough to clean it up..

Both products are great when polishing a stainless gun though. You can't wear one of those finishes off! ejejdfkdfk

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Once the Mothers takes the imperfections out, that jewelers rouge is the ultimate.
Me?
I generally use Flitz. fhfjjjj
Just a word of caution, though...
ANY polish, used too aggressively, can ruin a nickel finish.
The trick is knowing when to stop.
Don
;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.