Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At one of my favorite local dealers, I found this Model 41 with a 7" barrel, and 2 magazines. The only down side was a missing grip screw (S&W has a couple on their way as I write this). The serial number is TVR5xxx.
From the 3rd edition S&W Catalogue, there's no matching serial number series, but extrapolation puts it as ca. 1992. If anyone has any better information, I would appreciate it (for my own database).

The finish is really nice, and there was no way I would pass up this one.

G

·
0 Posts
Wonderful guns. Hard to believe that the older ones command an equal or higher price to the new production. But they are really worth the money that you pay to get one.... ;) Fast and accurate. They are a bit ammo shy and CCI standard velocity seems to run well in mine.

Good catch...

giz

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Holding that thing out there is about like cheatin', You are already half way to the target :mrgreen:
Nice buy! got a short one {5 1/2}put away around here someplace

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hello pendennis
Congratulations on your Purchase of the Finest .22 Semi Auto pistol S&W ever made. Here is mine that shipped In June 1965 with the A-Prefix serial number and cocking indicator. It appears They have changed very Little on the Looks of these over the years, I Guess if it aint broke don't fix it. kfjdrfirii I Lucked into this one from an Older Gentlemen for $550.00 a couple of Years ago. The Bluing on Mine is a Mile Deep. It seems to Like the Lower velocity Target ammo as well, versus the Higher velocity type...Let us know how well your's groups and Just a suggestion here, I Bought several different brands of ammo all I could find in the 50 Round box's till I found out just what brand mine liked best, that way it is much more reasonable to find what it groups with best, before buying a bunch of it. Mine seems to like The CCI lead Bullet Target velocity ammo best. Hammerdown

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hammerdown - I also have a Colt Match Target 3rd Model, a S&W 617, Ruger MkIII .22/45, and a Ruger Single Six; and all like something a bit different. The Colt loves Wolf match, hates CCI match; etc., etc.

However, that's the fun. And I never get tired of shooting them.

:D :D

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Great gun, great pic, great story!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts