Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted a NG 315 for a long time. I reside in North Alabama, but came across a BNIB NG 315 today at a shop in a small town in TN. As mentioned BNIB, never sold, not a scratch. The XS Front NS still has a strong glow. Since the finances are still in financial recovery mode from Christmas, I had to put it on 60 day layaway. I paid $749.99 and since purchased out of state have to pay receiving ffl $30 transfer fee. Grand Total = $780. Great deal, good deal? What's the good bad and ugly for those of you u who own or have experience with this beautiful revolver. I doubt the trigger is PC tuned but man it was smooth in da and light and crisp in sa. I should have in hand within a month or 2 and show some pics. Any holster ideas? Thanks in advance for hownI did and what I'm getting.

·
Premium Member
18,486 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! The SCSW4th says $1500 for ANIB. They only made them from 2008-2010 with an intro serial number triple-alpha of DBU. Eight to 10 years on a tritium sight is a long time since tritium has a 12 year half life. Should be about 1/2 bright now.

Congratulations on what seems to be a fine purchase!

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Good deal in my book.

Welcome aboard from the
"GunShine" state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Gentlemen, I am looking for some help. In 2009, I purchased a 315NG to use for competitive shooting. However, I had only put about 200 rounds through it and didn't use it as it was intended. It went into the safe and was essentially forgotten, until recently. After doing some research, I see that it is kind of collectors item. Do you have any suggestions on selling the firearm? I would like to have it on Gunbroker by the end of the week.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

·
Premium Member
18,486 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! The SCSW, 4th says $1500 for ANIB and $1000 for EXC, but it is a few years old now and the values are low in some cases. Of course, it would help a lot if you have box, paper, tools, accessories, etc. to make it a package for top dollar. You could post it in our Classifieds and the Classifieds over on the Blue S&W Forum before going to gunbroker. In either case, you are going to need top quality pictures of all aspects of the gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the information. I have all of the papers, box and tools that came with the firearm. Working on pictures now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts