Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing special about this one other than it's my CCW. Just continuing on with my project.

One thing about the picture itself though.. Maybe someone here can explain it to me. I'm using the same light box, lights and camera. I'm not changing any settings on the camera. But when I run the photos through Picasa, the background comes out a slightly different shade with each gun. Makes no sense to me..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice Carl,

I found this one at a show this morning wrong grips and all I had to buy it Pre 36 Target serial # 55373

Dan

·
Administrator
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan,
That's a nice find! I would have jumped on it too, had I found it..

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Dan,
Congratulations on finding a highly-desirable and rare prize!
As a practical matter, I always wondered if a short-barreled Chief's Special Target wasn't an oxymoron, kind of like 'jumbo shrimp'.
:lol:
Well, what counts is scarcity, and you grabbed the brass ring on that one.
Don
;)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Great looking guns, Carl & Dan. The only 36 I have is a three inch, nickle plated dandy that I have stashed away in a safe somewhere. One of these days I'll have to go lookin' for it.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Dan,
Regarding the background "cast", it could be a coupla things.
If your shooting with a relatively slow shutter speed, the mix of varying light sources can cause this, especially if you are mixing sunlight and the intensity of same varies with the sun/overcast situation. You may also be "pushing your strobe(s), i.e. not letting them fully recharge for each exposure, they will change color balance with the capacitors firing at various recharge capacities.
If you have a situation where you are varying the surrondings, the colors of those ambient surrondings may also cause a cast.
My experience is with photoshop (and wayyyy before with actual film cameras). YMMV with different image handling software.
Unless you are producing photos for publication, it's no big deal.
Regards,
Mike

·
Administrator
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike,
I think you meant that for me. And, thanks!

To everyone else: sorry to be asking photography questions on a gun forum..

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Carl,
Sorry 'bout the mis-direction. I think, the web being the visual media that it is, the photographs are "part and parcel" of the package anyway. And, we all want to show out treasures to others who share the same values and interests in the best possible light-no pun intended.
Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Carl, nice revolver. That is on my wish list after a k22.

Are those executioner stags? They seem slightly more finished around the edges than normal.

·
Administrator
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the kind words guys..

Greg,
Yes, they are Patrick's stags. I've gone with bone (no bark) the last few sets and he does smooth the edges a bit more with this style.

While I do like regular stags, I like this style better. I'm just a stag junky in all the forms! :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I paid $250 for this a year ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts