Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 586-4, circa 1994.

Some people like the L frames; some don't.

I've never really understood why there's so much debate over these. All I can say is this one fits my hand quite well and is a terrific shooter..

·
Registered
296 Posts
"Some people like L frames, some don't"

Nope , don't like 'em. And I hate combat grips too! :lol:

Nice piece you got there Carl. ;)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
A real nice gun and picture, Carl.
I had a M-686-4.
Don
kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
19,845 Posts
What's not to like? The fact that the L frame is just plain stronger than the K frame, is a definite improvement. The K frame is a frame built for .38's.....not .357's. The fact that it makes a lightweight carry gun with .357 capabilities, is a plus for those who make their living carting a gun. That's all it was meant for.......not to be a tank for hot .357's. The L frame was built for that purpose. ;) Bob

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bought a 586-3 a couple months back, I love it. As soon as I can find some wood grips, I'll feel better about posting a pic.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Very nice, I love L frames, and J frames and K frames and N frames................

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind words, guys..

Viss, email sent regarding grips for your 586.

·
Super Moderator
32,739 Posts
Nice revolver. My L frame is a 686 +. It is supposed to be stainless steel, but it has a gray matte style finish.

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wendy,
That's one of the 7-shot variety, isn't it? I've always thought that was a great idea..

Looks like your revolver is just waiting for a polish job and some wood grips! :p

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, Carl. This is cowboy country - Colts and Winchesters. Once those dried up all you see are GLOCKS and SIGs. I see them once in a while - L frames, that is. Never owned one. I have to drive a long way out of El Paso to see a significant number of Smith & Wessons for sale.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Wendy, your gun looks to be a 3" barrel carry comp and the ones I've seen have a matte stainless finish. That's a highly desirable gun but you probably already know that. :cool:

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
doublesharp,
I think you're right about Wendy's gun.

I've always thought if I ever get one, it would get polished.. even if it would make some people cringe. :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
WendyZXZ said:
Nice revolver. My L frame is a 686 +. It is supposed to be stainless steel, but it has a gray matte style finish.

I got one 2 weeks ago in the 4' I thought it would be shinier than it is,

·
Super Moderator
32,739 Posts
doublesharp said:
Wendy, your gun looks to be a 3" barrel carry comp and the ones I've seen have a matte stainless finish. That's a highly desirable gun but you probably already know that. :cool:
I never knew that it was highly desirable, but thanks for the information. I bought it about 7 years ago NIB.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I believe that S&W`s Bead Blast finish , but I could be wrong !!

Great photo`s Carl , thats the best one yet !!

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, Ralph..
I'll get it right one of these times..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here's a 586-3 I got a few months ago, it came with Houge monogrips, now it's sporting a fine pair of targets from our very own Carl 418, Thanks Carl I love em.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Got this 586 no dash in an internet trade a couple of weeks ago,but too many handling marks for me. Looks good in the pic though. Sold it to a buddy day before yesterday.

f.t.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts