Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Does anyone know from their own experience of a company doing S&W quality reblueing. I have a S&W Pre Mod 27, 5 screw Revolver with no bluing on either side of the cylinder.
S&W will not touch any pre models anymore & Turnbull won't do S&Ws. I was a UK Registered Firearms Dealer & S&W Armourer. I am looking for quality work matching early Pre Model S&Ws Rich blue, not someone's hobby. I would be grateful for your knowledge
pre 27 2.jpg

·
Registered
15,512 Posts
Reactions: StrawHat

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Hi Does anyone know from their own experience of a company doing S&W quality reblueing. I have a S&W Pre Mod 27, 5 screw Revolver with no bluing on either side of the cylinder.
S&W will not touch any pre models anymore & Turnbull won't do S&Ws. I was a UK Registered Firearms Dealer & S&W Armourer. I am looking for quality work matching early Pre Model S&Ws Rich blue, not someone's hobby. I would be grateful for your knowledge
View attachment 432477
Fords in Fl mate and welcome

Thewelshm

·
Premium Member
19,156 Posts
The Ford's Master Blue is about as good as it gets short of the factory. But, you will need to have the entire gun refinished as they can't match the colors of the old finishes. Also, if you want a bright blue finish like some S&W guns from your gun's era came with, be prepared to pay more for the polishing. Some refinishers are charging over $700 to do bright blue (Cylinder & Slide). If you search around the 'Net you will find other refinishers that claim they can do the old carbonia process with high quality hand polishing. I don't have any way of vouching for them but some get good feedback.

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Ok your agreed but have you had a gun re blued at Fords ?
Yes and it turned out beautifully. Price was high but not as high as I was expecting. Why ask if you don’t want to accept the recommendation?

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi Minorcan I asked for recommendations from those "from their own experience" of the company, you are the only one who said you had a gun blued at Fords, Thank you for your advice.
01/07/20 Revolver sent to Ford's This morning, Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts