Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A bit of an anomaly; looks too good to be an original nickeled gun (looks like blue under a spot where some nickel has flaked) and the screw holes look dished somewhat - but at least they didn’t nickel the hammer and trigger! Five screws, so 1905 M&P? What change #?

Most recent patent date is July 7, 03; left side of barrel, two lines; .38 S&W Special, 2nd line: U.S. Service Ctg’s.

Serial number on cylinder and frame match; on the butt of the gun looking at the s/n left side up, it is upside down.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Output device Peripheral Communication Device Audio equipment Gadget

Input device Black Peripheral Office equipment Computer keyboard

Pretty stylish #9!

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
If it is a refinished gun, they dif a nice job of it. Chief, it is pre war, you are in the post war section. It looks like a fine example of a M&P model of 1905, 4th change, round butt. Back then the round and square butt guns were catalogued separately.

·
Registered
29,476 Posts
Very nice!

Reactions: Birdhunter6

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My step-son (wife’s son), his wife, and our granddaughter are visiting from Cancun where they live. The schools there were closed for Mexican Independence Day so they came to visit until Sunday. They are always welcome here; we are also always welcome there. As a matter of fact they just bought a new apartment in one of the high rises overlooking the golf course at Puerto Cancun - the very upscale living and shopping area, far from the maddening crowd of intoxicated turistas. They actually outfitted one of the bedrooms to accommodate my wife and I!

So I don’t mind when he asks me to thaake him shooting. In early August when they were here it was wheel gun fun with everything from a .22 lr to .44 Magnum. Today was “1911” Day; Colt M45A1, Combat Commander, Sig RCS (Commander slide, Officer’s aluminum frame, with a serious carry melt by Sig‘s Custom Shop, and my H&K USP Tactical - one model below the Navy SEAL used Mk 23. All in .45 acp.

The real treat of Teheran day was (after I spent most of yesterday going over the gun for any hidden defects - was to dig out a box of Factory .38 Long Colt and shoot the Model 1905!

After all the years of sitting in someone’s sock drawer it shot very well. A very smooth and continuous DA pull breaking like glass; SA was just as nice. No creep, no grittiness; and after the .45s shooting the .38 LC with Remington 130 gr. Lead Roundnose was like shooting .22 Magnum but without the loud crack of the .22nMagnum!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
It looks righteous (not refinished) to me. Ejector star is blue and knob is case hardened. All the pins are domed.
Welcome to the sock drawer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts