Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I decided to join this afternoon cause I’m wondering what exactly I have. First a bit about me, I live in Metro Detroit and am taking my CPL class December 28th with my wife. I’ve owned a couple S&Ws before but recently obtained several of my grandfathers guns. One being an older S&W revolver but I’m not exactly sure which model. Hopefully some of you can help, I look forward to reading and learning more!

The serial number starts with a C then 6 numbers

Attachments

·
Registered
19,731 Posts
Open the cylinder to see if there is a model number in there such 10-1 or similar.

And welcome from a slightly warmer Florida!

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Hi bdauzy,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often. welcome01

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
14,481 Posts
S&W didn't use model numbers until 1957. If your gun was made after 57 it would be known as a model 10. Prior to 1957 these were called the 38 Military & Police model. Look on the frame, when you open the cylinder and see if it is marked Mod 10 or Mod 10-1

·
Premium Member
12,664 Posts
Looks like a M&P Hand Ejector (Pre Model 10). Give us the serial number and we might be able to help with the production date. It looks to be "pinned (barrel) and recessed (cylinder)"

Welcome to the forum. These are very good revolvers. It should be properly cleaned and lubricated, especially after not being used for awhile.

·
Registered
27,105 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That (pre model 10) should be fun to shoot after a good cleaning and inspection. Enjoy.:)

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The serial number is C 426038. After doing some research on this site I believe it might be a c series k frame. Is that not right? Also looking for a holster once I find out what model it is. Im thinking of making this my edc once I get it cleaned up a bit.

·
Premium Member
12,664 Posts
Yes - it's a "K" frame, and likely made in 1957, one of the very last pre-10 pistols that wasn't marked "Mod-10.

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts