Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a new picture of my S&W revolver line up. I'm selling my little 940 so this is a current picture as of 10 minutes ago... The last picture was like 4 years old. Maybe this one looks OK, at least no toes in this one. :mrgreen:

1 617 22
2 649 38 spl
1 686 357
2 66 357
1 696 44 spl
1 625 45acp
2 29 44 mag
3 629 44 mag
2 500 500 mag

3 of them are loaded 24-7, 2 house guns and my little pocket carry. (ctc laser grips)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ebay broke the bank finding these grips years ago. I never recovered.... Buy & sell until I was happy, then do it again. :mrgreen:
Now I'm not collecting anymore, but going the other way slowly, as I have too much junk... kubvcabo

G

·
Fine lookin' wheel...

Have to agree...you own to many combat stocks for any one man. You must have been the one responsible for driving up the price.... :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't find the pictures, as I figure I posted them at one time here too.

I have a hard time using a camera, these are old pics, and I swapped out that front site for a ramped one (as shown in the old pics)

This was done last year at the S&W factory. I sent in my idea of what I wanted and the engraver Dave Misiaszek did the work. I looked locally for an engraver and no dice, emailed a few from the internet and the same luck, so I boxed it up and mailed it the the S&W factory after a few phone calls. They got my pictures of the style wanted and it took them around 4 months to do.

I don't remember what I paid but it was around $1500. This is 75% coverage, plus I think $9.00 per letter, plus more for the banner around the S&W logo.
It was an expensive deal but in person it looks very nice. So nice, that I don't shoot it, and this was the reason of buying it in the first place was to shoot it. fhfjjjj
It had lots of problems and after fixing it up, I said screw it and had it engraved....

here you go:

Here are the close up pics posted a few weeks ago:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Excellent work done in very good taste.
Something to really be proud of.
teesur.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Awesome collection!!

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
Here's a "small" wheel of snubbies. They certainly can't compete with the other beauties in the previous photos, but little heaters try too! ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can't believe you sold that 940 500 Magnum Nut..
I realy loved those Spalted Esmerelda Grips..
Great Pics Guys..
NICE!! kfjdrfirii
Gary/Hk

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ditched everything in 9mm over here. fhfjjjj I had a Beretta pistol and the little 940 as you know. It gets to a point where you have way too much in guns & ammo, so I'm trying to downsize some...

I don't want to sell any other revolvers, they are all fun to look at and the ones I shoot are good shooters.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Beautiful engraving. It must be nice to have a talent! Especially one you can make money from!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I understand clearly..
I traded my 2nd 940 Friday for a Nice 4" 686..
Just needed a 38/357 & have just sold my M19-5, CS-1, & DW 15-2.. Also just sold my Ruger MKII & Beretta 92FS..
I've downsized a bunch here lately too..
Still have 2 J Frames, 2 K Frames & 1 L Frame + 3913NL
Gary/Hk
Now officaly Unemployed for 30 Days
The Change Hasn't Done Me Any Good j;zn;
I voted for McCain kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
scaatylobo258 said:
WOW s'all I got to say.Thanks for sharing and I was wondering if you shoot the 500's ?.
Sure I shoot the 500s. Not as much as I once did but they come out when I need to make noise. (the first gun was traded away for the removable comp models) kfjdrfirii

I ordered the first 500 back in 2003. I was in a cast as I broke my hand. I finally got the gun and I put it away because the hand was not ready. Then I started hunting for the ammo and then turned to reloading. I was shooting my 44s with the heavy loads, the hand was Ok so I figured the hand was ready to try the new gun.

My new gun shooting session lasted only 1 round, but I drilled the center of the paper! I nearly dropped the gun on only 1 round fired. I was holding it so tightly that the recoil compressed all the joints on my right arm. The pain came right back, as I thought I broke the hand again. I couldn't continue. So I packed up and went home. The hand throbbed for an hour afterwards!

Anyway, I learned to shoot it and the hand it back to normal so it's fine to shoot. I even made a hole less comp for the little one because the blast was just annoying. The last time out I put 50 rounds at the 200 yard mark at the club I belong to. Believe it or not, it hits really close at 200 yards if you have it sighted in at 25 yrds... This is out of the 4 incher. I didn't make any groups on paper, as I was shooting the dirt back stop. The dirt this gun kicks up is unbelievable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts