Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up bout 2 weeks ago, but have been unable to get to the range. The fit and finish blows away my Colt 3rd Gen SAA, and was some $350 less with color-case hammer. Next purchase from USFA will be a Flattop. Here's the SAA

G

·
Mike,

I think they are the finest factory made production single action in the world. Especially considering the price....

How's that for an endorsement? :mrgreen:

giz

·
Banned
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even better than Ruger? ;) :lol: ;)

All kidding aside, my FFL let's me order guns straight from anyplace I want. I got this for $975 shipped to the FFL, with optional CC hammer. I thought that was a great deal, especially considering the quality of the firearm. Some purists will say "it's not a Colt", but I say "I have a Colt, and this one's better". :lol:
USFA also has a model called the US pre-war which mimcks the 2nd Gen Colt SAA with the blueing and appointments.
I really think these guns will come into their own, and eventually become as highly sought after as the pre-war Colts.
Then again, who's to know. :?

·
Banned
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to "get into" Ruger SA's, but don't know squat about them, and are too deep into Smith's right now. Hate to get ripped looking for a good un. :lol:

G

·
The thing about the Ruger is simple. When you find a exceptional one, there is nothing on the planet that can touch it. :mrgreen:

I've managed to find three new models that will outshoot any gun. One 44Mag that I will bench shoot out to 300 yards against any standard sighted rifle. A .41 Mag that will be buried with me. And a .45 brass framed convertible that is hyper active on steel plates at 15 yards, it's definitely the gun and it's Karma...can't be me ;)

But out of the box, factory....USFA's most recent editions are a gun that others get compared to.

(Disclaimer) Don't own one...shot a bunch and am lookin' forward to buyin' my first..... :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice Sixgun ! You are going to enjoy that one a lot. Here is my stocking stuffer from Christmas. A 45 Colt that is going to get a set of one piece walnut grips and tuned for CFDA Fast Draw this week.

G

·
Mike.... :mrgreen:

Ok, I've endorsed your choice in guns...and have to admit that it is a absolute winner...But there is only one thing that the USFA's lack so far that Ruger definitely has...

Lot's of old William's ~ Soul..... ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice looking gun. I'd be interested to know how high the blade sits off the barrel so I can compare it to my Rodeo. Or top of the blade to bottom of barrel may be easier to measure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts