Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father left me his collection of firearms and among them a number of S&W revolvers. I have been thinking about selling a few to make room in the safe. All of the guns are in excellent/new condition. Are any too collectible to sell? I was wondering if anyone could help me price the following:

650 3" w/ stainless trigger/hammer
651 2"
651 4" SB w/ stainless trigger/hammer
651 4" RB
317 3"
63 4" SB w/ stainless trigger/hammer
63-3 2"

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
I don't know if Drew, or any of the other gun experts, are still sober enough to type tonight. But, they'll probably chime in 'next year'. Just sit tight!!! Bob

·
Registered
747 Posts
Look on GunBroker.com, it will give you some idea of market price.
You have some very nice collectable guns that are somewhat hard to come by.
It also make a difference if you have boxes, paper work and cleaning tools original to the guns and if they are new or have been shot.
Remember a shot gun is a used gun.
I'd sure be interested in the short barrel 651's.
Hope this helps.

Oh, also look in the recent Standard Catalog of Firearms for book values, but those guns will bring a premium.

·
Registered
197 Posts
wow, welcome to the Forum.....the only DOG in that bunch is the 63 , 4-inch and thats a top seller around here...great guns, and I would NOT be in a hurry to move ANY of them.....yes, as said above check the sites and do your homework,but to ME, those are ALL 'keepers', and worth quite a bit, at least $500 plus, a piece, and MORE in an auction ( last mdl 63 4-in., we sold ,was $550...)

Good luck, but they will 'sell themselves'.............. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 651-1 2in; a 651 4in and a 63 4in. I'm not interested in selling but I can't find any info on the 2in
Smith. We use the Fjestad blue book here in Washinton at the Washington Arms Collecters. I just want to find out about it. S/N CBT91xx. For a while I thought it might be Lew Horton creation but there is no evidance of it. It has difference grips then the others and is a great shooter. How many made, when and why is it not listed in any books? And of course, value

I would really appreciate any information I can get. As a small time collector, I'm suppost to know these things.

Bruce

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
bulljack said:
I have a 651-1 2in; a 651 4in and a 63 4in. I'm not interested in selling but I can't find any info on the 2in
Smith. We use the Fjestad blue book here in Washinton at the Washington Arms Collecters. I just want to find out about it. S/N CBT91xx. For a while I thought it might be Lew Horton creation but there is no evidance of it. It has difference grips then the others and is a great shooter. How many made, when and why is it not listed in any books? And of course, value

I would really appreciate any information I can get. As a small time collector, I'm suppost to know these things.

Bruce
Bulljack, Welcome to the forum.

From the "Standard Catalog":

product code 103900 2" S RB with bootgrip RSR special, 1999; 1241 reported manufactured.

product code 103900 Same coded as above; also reported for 1998 Lew Horton production.

Your serial number fits right in that time frame.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
Your father had good taste! Like Dant said they would all go for around $500 each in these parts if they're new in the box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts