Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1st post to this Forum
I am looking to gain knowledge and hopefully share some info when I can bring value.
I have a background with Hand guns and Weapons
Non active Marine and come from a Marine Family ( You are never a former Marine or Retire)
Currently looking for my first Smith And Wesson Handgun to own.
I have a mix of other brands acquired, or passed down to me.
Live in the Detroit area, and post on a couple other handgun and defensive carry forums under the same name.
Interested in M&P 2.0 Professional Series and New 2.0 Metal. 4.25 length maybe 5 if Pro Series
Love the recent SW commercials and comments around our Rights

Thank You in advance for any first hand experience with CORE and Metal versions in particular. Tried looking up past threads and thought I would refresh for more detail or opinions

· Super Moderator
15,810 Posts
Well, welcome to the forum. You'll find this a grand haven for your interests in Smith and Wesson. You've named a couple of the newer introductions, but I've owned a M&P 1,0 Full Size for a number of years, and it's a great pistol. I can only think that the m2,0 and metal frame versions are improvements.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, welcome to the forum. You'll find this a grand haven for your interests in Smith and Wesson. You've named a couple of the newer introductions, but I've owned a M&P 1,0 Full Size for a number of years, and it's a great pistol. I can only think that the m2,0 and metal frame versions are improvements.
Thank you for the reply.
Yes I figured I would look at newest variants to buy.
I read good things about them on posted reviews on Internet, yet I value “real life” reviews and personal use
I have shot my LEO friends Weapon, handles nice, like the grip. I lean toward a little more weight some full size and new Metal variant catch my eye. Not concerned about optics , as I do not use them on pistols. Yet the optics plate for if/when my vision just goes to useless. I may use optics to be to on point of longer distance target acquisition.

· Registered
2,447 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A hearty Buckeye welcome from Ashtabula County, Ohio!

If I were to recommend a revolver to a Marine, it would be a S&W Model 1917 or variant. There is nothing like the 45 ACP cartridge in a revolver!

Kevin
Thank You
what a beautiful and historical choice,
All revolvers I have or shot are old LEO guns typically friends or family relationship
Old Colt 38, Snub nose SW. or 5” Model 10

· Registered
11,941 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois!

Reactions: Curt360

· Premium Member
13,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Curt360

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes it is. I'm from Long Island, lived in FL and East Lansing. This is without a doubt one of my favorite places to be.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Absolutely it is.
I have never lived there yet spent too much time and money being one of those tourist and vacationers that you quietly curse During the prime weather season and Cherry Festival etc…😉

1 - 19 of 19 Posts