Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope to pick up and share helful hints about my re-acquired love for the snubby model 36.
I joined Michael deBethencourts' group "I'mWithRoscoe". Michaels book and his videos have so many helpful tactics, methods, and suggestions. He is my snubby (and wheel gun) guru. I only wish he was in closer proximity to my home state. Nope not from Texas - was married to a Texan- still love 'em
though.
By way of background: Used to be proud of living in CA. I grew up here in the '60's and 70's when it was the state where people from all over the world wanted to be. I've watched it decline. I volunteer to do my small part. Homelessness has spun way out of control. Drug use and needles in the street. Im sad to admit I live in California. Enjoying the really great weather is another gift in California.

Going to the range is one of the few things left which I can enjoy with friends - although that has recently become more difficult.
Cricket anyone?

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Howdy and Welcome...........

I too grew-up with a SoCal influence, our family ranch was on the AZ/CA border (Colorado River area) and we straddled both states.........we also had a house in the San Gabriel Valley. You're right about California in the 60's & 70's, but it has gone so far down hill in recent years.......I avoid the place as much as possible but still have friends there, so occasionally I find myself on that side of the river.

Enjoy the forum, there are some good folks here.

Best Regards,

Geezer

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Welcome to the forum, even if you are in California. I was born & raised in Texas, married a girl from Mississippi in Oklahoma and 32 years ago we moved to Kansas. Definitely a mid-continent kind of a guy. I love my S&W wheels, cowboy lever guns, and other odds n ends. I tend to have ugly and strange guns follow me home.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 1 MILLION 971 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
283 Posts

I lived and was working in SoCal in the 1960s and into the early 70s and was there when Reagan became Gov and signed the bill making it illegal for any citizen to carry any loaded firearm whether concealed or openly. I was designing the early Cable TV systems all up and down the West Coast at the time and my wife was a legal secretary. Her boss ended up the pro bono attorney for a guy that got convicted for murder and swore he'd kill everyone including his own attorney and "little missy" pointing at my wife who sat behind her boss and managed the paperwork.

During his pre-sentencing psych he overpowered the psychologist and escaped through an open window (no AC in the court house back then). The gun ban had gone into effect just a few months earlier and the local police said while they'd drive by the house when possible it would still be wise for both of us to be armed. When I asked about the ban the response was "That's not for regular folk; just keep it discrete. "

Reactions: Oldgungeezer

·
Premium Member
11,519 Posts
welcome01 to the forum.

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Welcome to a great forum.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered