Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Thought i'd post a pic of my 66-2, 4". Has Houge Combat "tulips". Working on getting a set of original Targets I found.

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
Welcome hc_shooter. BTW, what's hc? Though I do have some original S&W grips for some guns, I prefer the looks and feel of aftermarket grips, like those Hogue's, much better. Bob

·
Registered
626 Posts
welcome01

Good looking combination there and glad you're onboard. The 4" M66 is good, handy pistol to have around.

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
I'm probably going to get the boot for my last post.......I think it may be a mortal sin to not like S&W grips around here......especially Service grips with a Tyler T. :roll: BUT, I said all along.....I'm not a collecter. Can you forgive me, guys????? :twisted: Bob

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
Bob K said:
I'm probably going to get the boot for my last post.......I think it may be a mortal sin to not like S&W grips around here......especially Service grips with a Tyler T. :roll: BUT, I said all along.....I'm not a collecter. Can you forgive me, guys????? :twisted: Bob
Nope, sorry Bob, you might as well start packing up now.... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Hey there hc_shooter, welcome. I had the chance to fly a couple old Navy R4D's outta Douglas Arizona, crossing Texas west to east. Flew over the hill country, mighty pretty country. I thought I'd post a Texas Ranger Commemorative Smith & Wesson Model 19 as a sort of welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a beautiful revolver! My uncle had a commemorotive set with a matching knife. I was supposed to get it one day.
It was a M19, and I remember stars on the stocks. Both it and the knife were engraved, I don't remember with what. I believe it was 150 anniversary. I haven't seen them since about 1990. Funny thing..when he died in '96 ...no-one seems to know what happened to it. A 1963 Colt Buntline went MIA with it along with some Colt 1911's. nbvoALO
Thanks for posting the pic.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Smith & Wesson made 8,000 of the Texas Ranger Commemoratives; of that 8,000 - 50 were engraved deluxe sets that also had the Bowie Knfe. It sounds like your grandfather may have had one of the Deluxe Commemoratives.

Sad it dissapeared, I would think beyond the sentimental value, the collector value may be substantial.

Hank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts