Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased my first Smith & Wesson revolver and a newbie to the forum. I found a used stainless model 60-14 at a local pawn store. It has ""S&W .357 MAGNUM" on the barrel. It is in excellent condition and yesterday I had the chance to shoot it for the first time. I shot both .38 and .357. It is a quite a handful with .357 but manageable. They did not know the year it was manufactured and I was hoping someone here could help with that. It does have the internal lock and came with the key but no box or manual. The more information I have on it the more I can add to my inventory file. The serial number is CZC59XX. I substituted an "X" for the last two numbers just because I'm not sure if I should be giving out the full serial number on a public forum although I see others have. Thank you for your help.
IMG_1053.jpg IMG_1051.jpg

·
Registered
27,095 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. We'd like to see the new acquisition...any pics? Congrats on getting your first S&W revolver and if you hang out here long enough more will follow.:D

·
Super Moderator
19,704 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Can you post some pics? We love to see all things that go boom, and we know that model 60 doesn't disappoint.

Regards,
Gearchecker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PICS

Added a couple pics to my original post. Sorry about the upside down image. Took it to the range again this morning. I like it!

·
Registered
23,435 Posts
I have it's twin, it's very accurate (although being small a bit hard to hold steady). Mine has been carried a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Nice find. I have the same combat grips on a few J frames and they are about as good as it gets for a carry or shooter.
Hang around here and before you know it you'll be wondering what you might stumble upon next that you just absolutely must have.
I use to think snubbys were ugly, now I can't stop fondling them.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Nice gun, here’s my EDC, a Model 60-14 in .357, great guns.

EE809BB3-39BB-48E3-995A-DF46B3D95DED.jpeg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts