Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up this morning. It’s in excellent condition, very nice trigger. This is one way I cope with the political situation! Ruger measurement, 4 5/8ths “ barrel. Figured I needed this one, since I have all the stuff to reload for it. Had one years ago, let it get away from me. Got it’s brother coming in .41 Mag. Hank

·
Registered
18,261 Posts
Congrats on that one. I have several Blackhawks laying around and they are all excellent at the range. I have 3 screw 41 Mag and it shoots some fairly hot loads accurately and no complaints.

·
Registered
23,468 Posts
Very Nice! You considering different grips for that beauty?

Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like one from Gun Broker that had the holster with it. If it’s the same one, it is .45 Colt. I had it in my wish list, but did not bid on it.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, got it off GunBroker. A .45 Colt with 4 5/8ths barrel. Used to load for .45 Colt in a Blackhawk almost identical to this one. Still have dies,powder, etc. so figured I better get one. The Blackhawk coming next week is from a seller from this forum. I’d posted a “ Like to buy” notice WTB thread and we were able to do a deal. The .41 Mag has a 6.5” barrel, I think. Hank

·
Registered
18,261 Posts
Here is old model 41 Mag with original Grips and a Lipsey Convertible in 45 Colt. The Lipsey grips are really comfortable. They should be available out there and both are nice.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've always been partial to the trigger pull of the 3 screw gun and own one in .41 the other in .357 both with 6&1/2" tubes.
Steve

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
love the .41 myself here is mine

Attachments

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Both SA’s have 4 5/8ths barrels, but the Old Model Blackhawk in .41 Mag has a barrel measuring 4 5/8ths from the cylinder face, while the New Model in .45 Colt is measured from the frame. Now to get a set of stocks from Altamont to replace the Goodyear’s.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks,Wendy. I have several. I have more Smiths, but I like Rutgers,too. Hank

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's a nice looking pair of Blackhawks Hank. Since this forum has no dedicated feedback area I would like to say that it was a pleasure to do business with you. Steve

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you,Steve. Likewise, you were easy to work with and a patient gentleman! Thanks, Hank. Now to get to reloading so I can feed her!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts