Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Very nice ! Although I own a Shield 9mm, I sure wouldn't be opposed to owning one in 45acp either. Hard to beat 6+1 rounds of 45acp, plus spare mags. Congrats !

·
Registered
12,878 Posts
Nice. about 5-6 months ago, before everything went crazy an area shop had the 45 acp Shield with a red crimson trace laser (not laser grips) on sale for $299.95. I really considered it then and am sorry I didnt jump on one. I have the 9mm version and like it

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Shield in .45acp is a potent little package. It's slimmer than the Glock 30S I usually carry, and the trigger is much better than the Glock's. When I bought it, the guy at the LGS said, "It'll be better when you put an Apex trigger in it." After only one trip to the range with it, I saw no need to "upgrade" the trigger. It's fine straight out of the box. Oh, and I got the one with the thumb safety, which to me is a plus in its favor.

Funny thing, I sold it and its holster, then two months later bought an identical pistol and holster. I can't find my photos of it...they're buried somewhere in the computer...but I carry it in a DeSantis Mini-Scabbard. Great little holster. I have others for different guns.

You should enjoy the Shield.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Shoots much better than my 2.0-9mm and eats everything. More accurate than 9MM in my hands and packs more punch, but with fewer rounds, in potent.45 JHP's.
I added a full Apex Trigger system, Triji Night Sights and a cushy Hogue grip cover. It's my EDC carry and has been 100% reliable with whatever I've fed it. Highly recommended....andI'm not the only one to believe it shoots much better than its' 9MM brother.

·
Registered
12,878 Posts
The Shield in .45acp is a potent little package. It's slimmer than the Glock 30S I usually carry, and the trigger is much better than the Glock's. When I bought it, the guy at the LGS said, "It'll be better when you put an Apex trigger in it." After only one trip to the range with it, I saw no need to "upgrade" the trigger. It's fine straight out of the box. Oh, and I got the one with the thumb safety, which to me is a plus in its favor.

Funny thing, I sold it and its holster, then two months later bought an identical pistol and holster. I can't find my photos of it...they're buried somewhere in the computer...but I carry it in a DeSantis Mini-Scabbard. Great little holster. I have others for different guns.

You should enjoy the Shield.
I carry my 9mm Shield in the same holster and have since 2013. Great holster for a Shield sized gun

·
Registered
22,674 Posts
Congrats on obtaining the PC .45 Shield. Looking forward to the range report....hopefully soon? Enjoy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats. I got my when they first introduced the PC version. Carried it for a few years. Love it. It feels like it shoots lighter that a 9.
I call mine Puff the Magic Dragon. Shooting hot loads spits fire out the top as well as the front.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
MY example of the 45ACP Shield 45 ACP was problematic. Returned my example to S&W under warranty. S&W returned the pistol to me with out explanation of the corrective action taken. My example continued to be problematic. I disposed of it to a Firearms dealer with full disclosure. I've fired enough 45ACP in my lifetime to fill several 55Gal drums with the empties thus I wasn't the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
"MY example of the 45ACP Shield 45 ACP was problematic. Returned my example to S&W under warranty. S&W returned the pistol to me with out explanation of the corrective action taken. My example continued to be problematic. I disposed of it to a Firearms dealer with full disclosure. I've fired enough 45ACP in my lifetime to fill several 55Gal drums with the empties thus I wasn't the problem"

Just inquiring what problems you were having with yours??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine, Shield 2.0/.45 has been perfect since day one, eats everything and has been accurate and reliable. Much better accuracy than my 9MM 2.0 Shield.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts