Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister gave me this since she let her license expire a long time ago
and isn't interested in renewing (I tried to convince her).
She purchased this one new in the early 90's. Tried to get her to take
some money she wouldn't have it. I've got her checking acct number
though so I may just make a donation to her. Anyway I haven't shot
this yet. Waiting for membership approval at a local range. Has two
12 round magazines with it and a case.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Nice, I got the 6944...if the smith ever gets it back to me from customization, and i love it. Them lil SW 9s are just tops, a bit heavy to carry for some, but i go bout 285, so taint no thang. Enjoy it Miss Xena, Mike/.

·
Super Moderator
19,410 Posts
I've got a 5906 and a 6906 . Both are kissin' cousins to your 6904. It's going to be fun to shoot, and easy to manage. The weight really helps with recoil. Not that the 9mm has much, but it's handled well in these pistols. Let us know how it goes once you're membership is approved. It's good to have you here.

Regards,
Gregory

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
I'd love to own one of those. I've never shot or even handled any of the S&W older semi autos, but I like the way they look.

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
Such a gift!

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
These Smith and Wesson 3rd generation semi-auto pistols are quite nice, and usually consistent and accurate.

I have a 3904 (the single stack version of what you have). It's been my house gun for decades.

This is one of those guns that you don't need to change anything on. It's just right out of the box!

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
I carried a 6906 for several years as an off duty with a 5906 as a duty carry.

Both were great weapons.

My department went to Glocks and I went the same for off duty.

I regret selling my 6906. tnbtlaa

The accuracy of the 6904 might just surprise you.

Enjoy yours and welcome to the forum from sunny Florida.

FlaRon weiweinp

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Nice looking Smith and it should be a treat to shoot. I have to correct a deficiency (no 3rd generation Smiths) in my accumulation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the 6906,In the 1980s some people would talk about galling on the slide rails and with that thought always kept an eye on this potential issue,Well after nearly 15,000 rounds thru it and not one issue that worrying was for naught.I carried the 6906 on duty as a LEO before the Glocks came on the scene,Only diff between mine and yours is the stainless finish and it has Nowak sights,whhich I prefer. Good Luck it will serve you decades to come !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got a 5906 and a 6906 . Both are kissin' cousins to your 6904. It's going to be fun to shoot, and easy to manage. The weight really helps with recoil. Not that the 9mm has much, but it's handled well in these pistols. Let us know how it goes once you're membership is approved. It's good to have you here.

Regards,
Gregory
I've put a couple hundred through this and the recoil seems big to me. We shot the Ruger Blackhawk with .357 loads
and even that didn't bother me as much as the 6904. Think I need lots of practice.

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
Some of it may have to do with the dynamic of the slide movement in the function the 6904. Practice and in turn becoming familiar with the cycling of the pistol will help.

Reactions: xena
1 - 12 of 12 Posts