Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
S & W Model 15-3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 15-3 I bought in the mid 80s and until 4 years ago had only put one round through it. Looking for a manufacturing date serial number is 5K6919. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
10,141 Posts
Hey D,

Welcome to S&W!

What a fine revolver....the Combat MasterPiece is a CLASSIC!

Sure hope you can "fix" that problem (only being fired once) LOL

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and TTSH

·
Registered
S & W Model 15-3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey D,

Welcome to S&W!

What a fine revolver....the Combat MasterPiece is a CLASSIC!

Sure hope you can "fix" that problem (only being fired once) LOL

Later, Mark
Thanks Mark, Yes it has had about 100 rounds through it now, was out of country for a while so it was on guard at the home front. Wife thought it was to big and bought her own S&W Bodyguard 38 Special.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Welcome aboard!
A 15 is a great gun... Usually very accurate, always dependable, and one most pleasurable calibers to shoot.
I shoot about 1000 rounds each year through my 38's, and just finished loading this years run of ammo.

A 38 special is a really easy and cheap round to reload for, if you are ever inclined to.
I hope you have some ammo around, so you can enjoy it more, now that you are back home.
Enjoy your gun in good health.

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
13,688 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
30,089 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
20,732 Posts
My next question and it’s not the Combat Masterpiece (15-3), does re-bluing a firearm reduce the value of it?
To a collector, yes, because it is not in original condition. As a shooter, rebluing doesn't add value but it may hold up the value...and you may not get back what you paid for the gun plus the cost of rebluing. That being said, you can save money by doing a refinish yourself.

·
Registered
S & W Model 15-3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To a collector, yes, because it is not in original condition. As a shooter, rebluing doesn't add value but it may hold up the value...and you may not get back what you paid for the gun plus the cost of rebluing. That being said, you can save money by doing a refinish yourself.
Thanks, looking on how to "Cold Blue" vs "Hot Blue" a gun now. It's a Tanfoglio Giuseppe GT 27, 25 cal (era 1967)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts