Smith And Wesson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what I'm more put off by, the weird triangular underlugs that make the barrels look bent, scandium frames or a model 27 with less than a 2" barrel. I hate the big x frame guns as well. UGLY isn't powerful enough a word.

*If you're going to put out a "classic" revolver, shitcan the lock, put the firing pin back on the hammer and put the grips back to full size.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I like the classics, but am pretty fond of some of the new stuff as well! Have several, from J-Frames to an X-Frame! They’re all quality, and all serve a purpose! memtb

·
Registered
573 Posts
First post is a rant. Gee, there's a Taurus just waitin' for ya. ;)

reaching for the ignore button.....

To forgive (once) is divine! Maybe just a bad day. I’ll extend a pardon for one time! ;) memtb

·
Registered
19,491 Posts
To forgive (once) is divine! Maybe just a bad day. I’ll extend a pardon for one time! ;) memtb
Exactly. Been turning the other cheek for the crooked Dems, turn it for this guy, he's new...

Reactions: msharley and memtb

·
Registered
30,201 Posts
I like the older classic stylings of revolvers. I do own several newer revolvers with lock, none with the unique underlug, and they function well. If presented with options to choose, and it's a good deal, I prefer the older, pre-lock revolvers...think they look better. JMHO.:cool:

·
Registered
694 Posts
So, "Blarf", I'll just paraphrase for you; It would appear that some folk, who are long time members here, may not actually warm up to some flat-hatin' rube joining up here apparently just to bash the very guns celebrated by this forum's existence.

Now, as to your point, I happen to agree, revolvers need to keep the classic look that got them all that ... "classic" status, and yes, "locks" suck. But still, say sumptin' nice first, how's about it?

·
Registered
11,557 Posts
I prefer the older S&W revolvers like my model 520 but I have bought the newer S&W revolvers. The newer ones just don't seem to hang around very long. Now when I think about buying another gun I have to ask myself, will you keep it or are you just bored?

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
First post with a rant.
Why don't you complain to the manufacturer instead of a forum, I'm sure they will change their designs just for you.
If you don't get a desirable response that suits you there are plenty of Hi-Points that need a home.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Brownell's has a video where they conclude that in general the new S&W revolvers are great shooters, the old one great for collectors. Nothing wrong with the new ones at all. I actually prefer the bead blasted stainless finish to polished, for outdoor range use in the sun. I've had shiny stainless steel glint in my eye making the sights impossible to see.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.