Smith And Wesson Forums banner

New Shoes for the 686

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  etruett 
#1 ·
My wife had ordered a set of Thai grips for me for my birthday back in early June. The pandemic must have slowed shipping, but after 7 weeks they got here. They are a Bantam style grip
Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol

Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Starting pistol

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Just got them today and its raining so I will have to try them out later. They feel good, and fit snug. I believe they were about $65

See less See more
#2 ·
They are friggin sharp looking. I have had no less than three sets of Thai grips for tigers and even a set for a cz. Nice looking work but a couple required a little love to get them to fit just like I like em. I think they are a GREAT deal for the money and they offer some styles the big makers dont!

Nice score on the grips and the wife! :)

#5 ·
Those look great, are those shipped from Thailand, or do they have a stateside warehouse? The reason i am interested is that i have heard rumors that they make them for Rossi revolvers, which basically almost no other grip maker does. Yea, i know, Rossi, but you would be surprised at the number of us owners who appreciate and would like to dress up our "Less Than Tier One" little revolvers!

#7 ·
Mine were shipped from Thailand. Some of them are available on Amazon, with a much shorter ship time and somewhat higher price. I dont know about Rossi

#9 ·
When I got the revolver there was a rubber Hogue Bantam grip on it. I liked the look as far as proportion to the barrel, but prefer the look of wood. These are pretty close to the same size, just maybe an eighth of an inch longer.

Reactions: Boriqua
#12 ·
I’ve got about a dozen sets of the Thailand grips bought from several different sellers on eBay. Have been told they are all made in the same factory. Not once have I been disappointed in the quality of fit and finish. I have them on Smiths and a couple of Taurus. Only downside I’ve seen is on checkered models the checkering is real sharp. I just take those and buff on a steel wool wheel to soften up the edges. I also give mine a good coat of either gloss or satin polyurethane just to give them a little shine but that’s just my preference. Also had great luck with Altamont.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.