Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......... courtesy of Cush. klgasilBRVO

I was looking for a beater pair of Target stocks and after some horse trading, Cush set me up with exactly what I was looking for. These match the 586 perfectly as it's got some wear and tear as well. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I do the same thing, try to match a set of stocks to the wear of the gun.

Now you need a holster! :lol:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a couple, but didn't put them in the shot. They aren't as worn yet. ;)

I've worn this a couple of times in a Bianchi #7 and am surprised at how concealeable it is. I also use a Galco D.A.O. for field use as I like to carry crossdraw when I'm out in the woods.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
They look realy good. I must be going half blind in my advancing age because the gun and the grips dont show much wear to me in the pic.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Geeee.... Those look awful familiar..... you say you got them from Cush?.... ;)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Sebago Son said:
Geeee.... Those look awful familiar..... you say you got them from Cush?.... ;)
Actually Drew, I think those are a set I picked up on Ebay some time ago. I've got all the grips you've given me in my safe. They are waiting for the right gun to mate them too or to be put on display in the Sebago Son Memorial Firearms Museum. Which ever comes first. kihfL

Evan, I'm glad they safely made the trip out west. They look nice on the 586. I've got nearly all the .458 bullets of yours mated to .45-70 cases. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
onenut58 said:
They look realy good. I must be going half blind in my advancing age because the gun and the grips dont show much wear to me in the pic.
The only real wear the gun has are some hideous bald spots at the front outside of each chamber where the previous owner got a little excited with some cold blue and took the existing bluing right off to bare steel (you know, the area where you tend to get a lot of powder and lead residue - not the face of the cylinder, but rather the outsides). There are two chambers which are fairly clean, so I make sure those are on the left side when I take pictures.

I'm working on getting some honest holster wear, but overall the piece is in fine shape. True that the grips are in much better shape than I was expecting. Just enough to know that it's seen honest use and that's what I like. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cush said:
Evan, I'm glad they safely made the trip out west. They look nice on the 586. I've got nearly all the .458 bullets of yours mated to .45-70 cases. kfjdrfirii
I said a little prayer when I sent those out. ;)

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
You have some pretty good photography skills also.
Take lessons from Giz? :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Really awesome!!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
azmick said:
You have some pretty good photography skills also.
Take lessons from Giz? :lol:
Why yes, yes I did. ;)

I really wanted to get to our favorite spot up in the mountains to get some shots, but we've been having a heck of a time getting there. So I finally decided to just use the weed-infested "flower garden" on the side of the house early in the morning.

You can even see the gross fungus that has invaded my fledgling maple saplings. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts