Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Congrats, what a great carry gun. I have the Shield 9mm and while I wouldn't get rid of it, and it's currently my main carry gun, I sure wouldn't be adverse to owning a 40 cal and a 45acp Shield either. Can you tell me how many rounds each of the mags holds? And, what was the problem you had with the 40 cal?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gun came with night sights. 2 8rd mags and 1 7 round mag. Can't remember how many rounds with 40 S&W. Really don't know what happened to 40 cal, round will not eject from gun no matter what we did. Slide will not move back either. It has been back at factory for 3 weeks and have not heard anything back from them.

·
Registered
27,239 Posts
Very nice! Glad your happy with how the .45 functioned for you at the range. If I already didn't have a subcompact .45 I would seriously consider the Shield 45 ACP. Congrats.:)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Bought that very same gun a couple of years ago. LGS/Range I was at let me shoot all 3 calibers. I found both the 9 and the 45 shot very well and the 40 was just uncomfortable. Did not like the way it performed and felt on the brutal side when shooting. Been very happy with my decision to go home with the 45 that day.

Joe

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have a 9mm Shiled, great little gun but not accurate in my hands as I want.
Gpt a 2.0 Shield .45 fitted exactly the same, night sights, hogue slip on grip....new Apex trigger and it's great. Accurate, reliable. Not as many rounds as 9MM but better knock down potential. My EDC and it's been 100% reliable which is my first requirement.
Highly recommended.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have a 9mm Shiled, great little gun but not accurate in my hands as I want.
Gpt a 2.0 Shield .45 fitted exactly the same, night sights, hogue slip on grip....new Apex trigger and it's great. Accurate, reliable. Not as many rounds as 9MM but better knock down potential. My EDC and it's been 100% reliable which is my first requirement.
Highly recommended.
https://oi32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/drshame/IMG_0526_zpstippykt2.jpg
So what's the secret getting that Hogue grip sleeve on the gun assuming it's their model intended for the Shield? I've installed Hogue sleeves on other guns but the Shield's was impossible. And, yes I heated it to loosen the material and lube'd it. I finally was able to get a Ruger Single Six sleeve to fit and it does fit well. The Shield's sleeve was deposited into a junk box.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats, what a great carry gun. I have the Shield 9mm and while I wouldn't get rid of it, and it's currently my main carry gun, I sure wouldn't be adverse to owning a 40 cal and a 45acp Shield either. Can you tell me how many rounds each of the mags holds? And, what was the problem you had with the 40 cal?
Before I retired from DFW Airport last year I saw the DPS Police Department switch fro S&W M&P .40 to M&P 2.0 9mm for increased accuracy. The Police Chief who was 6.3 regretted getting Sheild .40 as it had too aggressive recoil.
a shield 9mm or .45 would be my choice

·
Premium Member
11,949 Posts
I'm very happy with my Shield 9mm. Even happier when I got the magloader for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts