Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a brand new SD9 VE and when I opened it up at home , I noticed that there were no markings on either side of the slide. Has anyone seen this? Does it make the gun more valuable?

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent S&W an email with the photos and they replied, telling me to ship the gun back to them, via prepaid packaging, and they would take care of it. The only thing is, the turn around time is 6 to 8 weeks! I'm not sure if I want to wait that long for a simple slide swap, but they won't send me a replacement, or exchange slide, I guess because it's a warranty issue.
Do you think I should get it corrected?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you think I should send it back to get it corrected?
I would just keep it and shoot it. The slide isn't the firearm anyhow its the frame that is considered the firearm by the atf. The frame should have a serial number on it which means it should be good to go. I don't like that stupid stamping on the slide anyhow.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
Another vote for keeping it.
I assume you can tell S&W that you decided to just keep it and it will still be covered by the warranty, right?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Could it possibly be the Prototype ?Doubt it myself but Unique and you can always have engraved onto the slide anything you would like ! Value only to those who dont have one .Side Note My SD 9 shoots better than my Glock 19 but I believe its all in the grip .Congrats on your new find !

·
Registered
20,041 Posts
My Kimber full size 45 ACP is like that as well. Of course when I replace the slid e with the 22LR slide, that one is marked.

I'd forget about it and move on.

I find it interesting that you waited to get home before unboxing it and checking it for no issues. Not something I do. I always open up any firearm at the store and inspect it for proper operation.

Reactions: 71ironhead and jpr

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Kimber full size 45 ACP is like that as well. Of course when I replace the slid e with the 22LR slide, that one is marked.

I'd forget about it and move on.

I find it interesting that you waited to get home before unboxing it and checking it for no issues. Not something I do. I always open up any firearm at the store and inspect it for proper operation.
We did inspect it at the store, but didn't realize that it should have the markings on it until viewing YouTube videos about the gun, and all of them had the wording on them.
I will be keeping it as it is...Thanks to all who have taken the time to read and reply to my post!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts