Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my XVR 460, 5 1/2 inch in on a new model XVR 460 8 and 3/8 ths inch barrel model. The new revolver requires significant rearward hand pressure on the swing arm to close the cylinder, whether loaded or unloaded. The revolver opens and ejects easily and readily with fired and unfired rounds. The previous revolver, which I purchased new as well, did not require this challenging action. I rate this revolver as unsatisfactory based on this ongoing problem. Thank you for the opportunity to share this experience; perhaps someone reading this post has a positive, constructive opinion regarding this problem.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
Check the front screw (same screw on the front of the side plate hold in the crane (swing arm). Too loose or too long can cause this. If it was taken apart & a different side plate screw swapped can also cause this (they're not interchangeable). The correct front screw has a tapered tip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick reply and your time. The screw was tight and the tiny spring intact with lock tight applied to the threads. I re-installed the screw, spring and lock tight with no change in the problem. I live in Canada, so it is a process to obtain an Authorisation To Transport to return the firearm for service. Thank you again for your time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts