Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
The LGS must have a new model. On their web page it says new product coming soon, with tomorrows date.

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
The new 13+1 Shield is now on the S&W web site. I was wondering how they added more rounds. thought maybe the grip frame is a bit longer but not really. The High Capacity Shield is 4.6" tall vs Shield at 4.5". How they did it is with width mainly since the extra tenth on the frame wont do it. New Shield is 1.'wide vs old Shield at .95" wide. Length of barrel remains the same

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I watched the release video earlier. A long commercial. I'm sure it's fine, but I'm not in the market for another polymer.

Reactions: Madviking

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
The new 13+1 Shield is now on the S&W web site. I was wondering how they added more rounds. thought maybe the grip frame is a bit longer but not really. The High Capacity Shield is 4.6" tall vs Shield at 4.5". How they did it is with width mainly since the extra tenth on the frame wont do it. New Shield is 1.'wide vs old Shield at .95" wide. Length of barrel remains the same
Absolutely no room for the micro-stamping. ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,019 Posts
Reactions: Rule3 and Madviking

·
Registered
396 Posts
So, is this supposed to compete with the Springfield Hellcat? I'd like to see one.

·
Premium Member
12,403 Posts
Brownells now has them on their site as well.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brownells now has them on their site as well.
Yeah, just looked after your post:

SMITH & WESSON M&P 9 SHIELD PLUS 9MM TS 10/13 RND 3.1" | Brownells

SMITH & WESSON PC M&P 9 SHIELD PLUS NTS PORTED W/RED DOT 4" | Brownells

They look nice, and I like the M&P line. But, one attractive part of the original Shields was their price point. The cheapest model above is $529, and the second one is $800+. Once a firearm enters those ranges, then it has to be compared to so many options including the P365 and Hellcat. But also, so many other quality options.

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
Yeah, just looked after your post:

SMITH & WESSON M&P 9 SHIELD PLUS 9MM TS 10/13 RND 3.1" | Brownells

SMITH & WESSON PC M&P 9 SHIELD PLUS NTS PORTED W/RED DOT 4" | Brownells

They look nice, and I like the M&P line. But, one attractive part of the original Shields was their price point. The cheapest model above is $529, and the second one is $800+. Once a firearm enters those ranges, then it has to be compared to so many options including the P365 and Hellcat. But also, so many other quality options.
A local shop has the Shield plus at $519.99

·
Registered
5,240 Posts

I was thinking about a HellCat, Now this and then Ruger comes out with one!!. I am so perplexed!!o_O

Heck I want to see that Ruger!!

I have a Shield V 1.0

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm happy with my Shield 2.0 and never jumped on the p365/Hellcat high capacity single stack bandwagon to begin with, so I'll save the money for ammo.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
A few years ago they were almost giving away Shields, now they’re double that price.

I always felt the Shield grip was too thin, so I think this could actually be an ergonomic improvement.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I was thinking about a HellCat, Now this and then Ruger comes out with one!!. I am so perplexed!!o_O

Heck I want to see that Ruger!!

I have a Shield V 1.0
I like my 1.0, enough so that I don't particularly need to buy a new one at the moment. I also only got it last year though, used in perfect condition. So maybe in a few years I'll upgrade.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A few years ago they were almost giving away Shields, now they’re double that price.
I always felt the Shield grip was too thin, so I think this could actually be an ergonomic improvement.
I agree. My Shield grip was too thin and was twisting slightly in my hand causing low/left shooting. A Pachmayr slip on grip stopped that. A year later I replaced the Pachmayr with a Hogue Handall slip on (or should I say "wrestle on"). Even better. They add about as much width as the new Shield Plus has.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts