Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of these new 2-27-20. The pistol immediately was having light strike issues. Took it back to the store I purchased from and they said the gun needed lube. So the store sprayed lube inside the pistol
Then it continued to have light strike (where you pull the trigger twice to shoot), plus the magazine started falling after you shoot it.
I took it back to store and they advised me sending back to S&W.
I did 5 weeks later it shipped back to me with invoice stating that Smith and Wesson repaired trigger and replaced body grip handle.
Next time I attempted to shoot it, I had to pull the trigger twice for the same bullet, you know, the click noise no bang.
I sent it S&W again on the 5th of this month they received it I have RMAs for both repairs. I called S&W yesterday and checked on status: I get the response they are slammed and it's in process. I voice my frustration and the employee listens. I studied the pocket pistol market for months and shot numerous pistols before buying this one. I'm beyond frustrated with Smith and Wesson. Smith and Wesson has had this gun in their possession about as much as I have had it. I just want a reliable gun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just got a warranty repair back from S&W (925). They had it 11 days, and two day shipping each way. That suggests a processing/repair delay on the plastic guns. I have a .380 Bodyguard and initially the safety lever wouldn't move. A little stone work and a thousand cycles made it usable. The pistol has been fine otherwise for about 300 rounds. Keep sending it back until S&W makes it right. As a note, I've heard Bodyguards have a problem with Fiocchi ammunition because of hard (or poorly seated) primers.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
"I just want a reliable gun". CZ. Nuff said..
FIFY. ;) I've had issues with the daughter's Glock. Out of the 7 CZ's owned by me or the various kids, they all go boom- every time.

·
Premium Member
10,766 Posts
I had a student bring one of these (brand new) to a Concealed Carry Handgun permit class last year, and it lasted two shots, then jammed so well that we could not open the action. We had to fire the chambered round to make it safe, and send the student home with it.

That would work well in a self defense situation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a student bring one of these (brand new) to a Concealed Carry Handgun permit class last year, and it lasted two shots, then jammed so well that we could not open the action. We had to fire the chambered round to make it safe, and send the student home with it.

That would work well in a self defense situation.
That's why you tell them 200 rounds without a problem before you trust any gun. My Bodyguard has run 300 straight without an issue. My Kimber K6s didn't make it through six shots before being sent back to Kimber. Guns are made by humans.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I have had two bodyguards in 380 ACP with absolutely no problems. I did fire and carry only American made ammo. Never a hiccup.

·
Registered
26 Posts
FIFY. ;) I've had issues with the daughter's Glock. Out of the 7 CZ's owned by me or the various kids, they all go boom- every time.
Have a Glock 19 first 500/600 rounds I had stoppages. Breaking in period, now its loosened up , thousands of rounds threw it no issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have started calling them and complaining now that this repair has taken a month. Total buyers remorse has set in at this point. They kept telling me as I'm asking about the status, that it was just taking this long for repair. Then I was like well I'm ready for a refund at this point, can we get that ball rolling? Then I was told that my gun would be pulled out of the sequence and labeled urgent. I said after this being the second time and taken a month that's not enough. A supervisor is supposed to call me and I told them expect some major perks. Again total buyers remorse for S&W company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts