Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey Roscoe,

Way to go!! Pics of two fine :wlogo::317: ... on your first post!!

WELCOME TO :bluelogo:

Later, Mark

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m digging the black cylinder and the grips on both. Congrats! I’m going to be the first to say, collecting Smith and Wesson’s is a gateway drug. It starts with the revolvers, then it branches over into the autos. Pretty soon, you wake up one day and have a safe full of them with a conversely empty bank account. You’ve been warned lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So both from 2004 then?
That's interesting as I traded for them and the guy I got them from said they were picked up at a pawn shop by him. Odd coincidence I guess.

The 681 has an amazing trigger and amazing how little recoil with 130gn 38's. I haven't had the chance to fire the 60-15 but its also got a nice trigger but nothing like the 681.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I recall the 681/681-1 being recalled over a flaw. I can not figure a contoured barrel emerging be fore a -3, at least. Then the black cylinder and the amazing trigger. Franken gun? Interesting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, it is marked "M" for modified (I think) as it was serviced which I'm assuming was for the recall.

Something that is interesting about the 681-1 is the barrel is unmarked on either side. Completely blank.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Your 681 has been refinished , milled or barrel swap , I don't know of any factory 681 PC revolvers or special editions . 681 is fixed sight stainless with full lug barrel, 581 is blued and 686/586 have adjustable sights.
125-1.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well S&W provided my dates. Less than 24 hour response via their website.

60-15 pro CZT8xxx was produced 6/16/16
681-1 AUV1xxx was produced 9/23/86 (sku 104103)

Thanks to all who showed interest.

-Roscoe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts