·
Super Moderator
35,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a nice one. I hope to do some shooting with it tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Neat Wendy! Last Issue of the Police Positive.... .38 Special?.... Should be a good shooter.... It's a Diamondback with fixed sights!

Drew

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
It may be blasphemy on the this forum, but I like this model more than I do the S&W M-10! ;)

I don't believe that they made many of that last series - seems like everyone wanted adj. sights - even if they never fiddled with 'em. They're not uncommon, but can be hard-to-find with your barrel configuration - looks like you got one with a wide hammer spur, too!

xtm

G

·
Wendy,

A very nice addition to your collection. Nice to see another classic added to the stable.

Range report time!!!! :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
There were actually two barrel types of the fourth generation. Yours with the partial lug, and one with the full lug. I like the looks of yours better than the latter. Yep its time for a range report!!

·
Super Moderator
35,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx for the responses everybody! :)

I did try it out with a couple of boxes of just generic ammunition. Great revolver...it does shoot as good as I had expected. I do have a Diamondback, so I knew it probably would. It locks up tight when you have dropped the hammer on a empty(emphasis added) cylinder and keep the trigger pulled back and try turning the cylinder. I mainly shoot at 50 feet and was able to keep all shots within the size of a quarter, OK, I exaggerate, MOST shots were within that size. LOL. I credit the excellent craftsmanship of Colt from the 1970s. According to the serial number it was made in 1978. It is almost as old as I am. :shock: :lol:

It is a very nice Police Positive. I do agree with Leighton. I do prefer the half barrel shroud as well. On a nice small/medium frame revolver like this in .38 Special no full lug is needed.

I like that it fits my smallish hands perfectly.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks like a fun gun at the range. I don't have/own a Colt (to date)...but my dad let's me use his 3rd gen. SAA.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
35,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keith44Spl said:
Wendy,
That there ought to be a good one.
And good shootin' by the way! ;)

Su Amigo,
Dave
Dave,

It IS a great shootin' one. ;)

I credit Colt craftsmanship from 30 years ago more than me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts