Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mam-Maw decided to let me have some space in our unused bedroom. I've already got my safe in there and now I've got my new Lee turret press set up there. My old Lyman is in my gun closet and so unhandy to use.
Think I'm going to really like this set-up. I loaded some 38 wc on it, today I changed and loaded up some 44 spc.
We will be able to shoot more and spend less time moving rifles in and out of the gun closet. Here is my new set-up.
Cliff image.jpeg image.jpeg

·
Premium Member
9,912 Posts
It's good to have a permanent place to reload, and one that is isolated from any distractions. A place to focus and relax, but not relax too much that you make errors.

One thing I'd recommend. You need to look to the carpeting on the floor of your reloading area.

It's inevitable that you will spill powder, and gravity will generally carry it to the floor. At a minimum, have an area carpet that can be occasionally removed and shaken out outside. It's better to use one of those plastic carpet protectors that let office chairs move more freely. You can then sweep up the used primers and powder that spills.

I don't ever use a vacuum to clean up powder because many of the motors have the potential for sparking internally. I just either sweep it up off a solid surface or shake it out of a loose carpet runner.

I was lucky enough to acquire an old 2 inch thick maple bench from an employee auction where I worked decades ago. Someday, you may want to build up a reinforced bench to reduce movement and vibration as you work.

Enjoy the new setup!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
image.jpeg image.jpeg Marc, I really wanted an old teachers desk to mount this press on but I lost that one. The wife liked this little desk, said it didn't
look junky. So I adapted. I was a journeyman carpenter for about 45 years so I just braced up what I had.
As for gathering up reloading stuff, that's why I had to move my setup. Think I counted 23 sets of dies awhile ago. I just need to
find 2 or 3 more people who quit reloading and want to sell thier leftovers.
Cliff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts