Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this revolver when a buddy got a package deal and this was in it. Heavy frame target 22/32. # 495642. Shipped January 1929. He didn't want it, and sold it to me for $400. Strange that the penciled serial number is 11 numbers off.
Shoots great too. What looks like a scratch in the upper frame is camera flashback. Big Larry
Beakart.jpg

·
Premium Member
19,955 Posts
Larry, that HFT is far too pedestrian for your August collection. Out of an abundance of caring for the embarrassment experienced by your other guns being associated with that one, I'll be more than privileged to give you $450 plus shipping for it. I won't even discount it because of the non-matching serial on the grips. :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Larry, that HFT is far too pedestrian for your August collection. Out of an abundance of caring for the embarrassment experienced by your other guns being associated with that one, I'll be more than privileged to give you $450 plus shipping for it. I won't even discount it because of the non-matching serial on the grips. :D
An eraser and a pencil would take care of the mismatched stocks. 11 numbers had to be a factory error.
Had been looking for a nice one for my collection, and this one just fell in my lap. Thanks for your offer of $50 more than I paid for it, but at this time, I must pass. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing like this ever falls into my lap!
Congratulations on a fine old school revolver.
Yes, I really got lucky with this revolver. Especially when my buddy sold it to me for what he paid for it. I was ready to pay him more, but he said no. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
An eraser and a pencil would take care of the mismatched stocks. 11 numbers had to be a factory error.
I REALLY hope you're kidding. 😬 :cautious:

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Hey BL,

Another fine Revolver!

Did you get your Lotto tickets, yet?

That is a once in a LIFETIME deal!!

Am really glad for you (and glad for us..........that you are kind enough to share pics!)

Later, Mark

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey BL,

Another fine Revolver!

Did you get your Lotto tickets, yet?

That is a once in a LIFETIME deal!!

Am really glad for you (and glad for us..........that you are kind enough to share pics!)

Later, Mark
Changed a little yesterday and bought a S&W M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm. Gave my truck gun to my Great Granddaughter Saturday, and needed to replace it.
I like to share pics, but a few times on other Forums I was accused of being a showoff and a few other unkind words. The good folks here seem to like them and I will continue to post pics as long as I don't get any bad feedback. Thanks Mark. Big Larry

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Hmmmm?

Them folk on the "other" forum?

Bless they harts! They all be JEALOUS! :ROFLMAO:

We all LOVE pics, revolver/auto/black powder/rifle/shotgun....

In short........we all suffer from a rare (and very pleasurable affliction) IFITGOESBANGWELOVEIT!

Keep postin'!

Attachments

Reactions: Wiregrassguy

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmmm?

Them folk on the "other" forum?

Bless they harts! They all be JEALOUS! :ROFLMAO:

We all LOVE pics, revolver/auto/black powder/rifle/shotgun....

In short........we all suffer from a rare (and very pleasurable affliction) IFITGOESBANGWELOVEIT!

Keep postin'!
I'd kill for a set of stocks with that figure. Reminds me of some of the guns I bought in the 70's. Especially M19's. Beautiful Goncalo Alves. Red with dark stripes. Nice guns you have there. Great photo taking as well. Big Larry

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Hey BL,

Thank you for the kind words.....

Later, Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts