Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I just registered here, because i am the proud owner of an almost in mint condition S&W model 17/4 revolver. Bought it last week for €230,- (about $250,- :D) here in my home country the Netherlands and wanted to know everything about it and found this forum.
It is a 1981 model; the serial number starts with 94KXXXX. I also checked what the stamps on the barrel mean and found this website: http://damascus-barrels.com/Belgian_All_Proofmarks.html
The F on top is the "Controller of Proof". That would be Scholtissen Joseph. The T is the "Belgian Date Code Cursive", probably becaus it is sold in Europe and would be 1981 and matches with the serial number production year.

Any further information is welcome, but i think i already discovered a lot ;)

This is the first revolver i own. I also have a Beretta 92FS (9mm) and a Tikka T3X Tac A1 (.223). All weapons i use for target shooting.

Kind regards my friends.

IMG_7101.JPG IMG_7102.JPG IMG_7112.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks blazermark. You got a nice collection. I just shot the revolver one time and used CCI standard 40 grain. Our competition is 10 meter / 32 feet and in this part of the competition you have to shoot One-Handed.
Regards Dutch17

·
Premium Member
12,664 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Is this a .22LR caliber model 17-4 (as marked under the yoke)?

These are some of the best available .22 revolvers, and I'm confident you'll enjoy this one, especially as it's essentially new.

This six inch model has good balance.

Here, it would easily sell for twice what you have paid for it.

They don't get much better than this. Marc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Marc
Is this a .22LR caliber model 17-4 (as marked under the yoke)?
Yes, that’s the one. When i saw the advertisement from this revolver i asked a friend of mine, who is very well informed about S&W revolvers, if he would recommend it for target shooting; he strongly did. It has a very nice wide trigger, and as you mentioned, a very nice balance. Normally i shot semi-automatic pistols, but when my first shot is good, i pull the trigger too quick the next shots, with bad results. Tried a few times a revolver and that works a lot better for me. Glad to own one now myself.
Kind regards Dutch17

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Welcome to our forum Dutch, you have a fine .22 cal revolver. One of, if not, the best .22 revolver. They are heavy which makes for no recoil and have a trigger that is second to none. Enjoy it. You also got a bargain, they usually sell for at least $700 US.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rob.
Yes, i agree it was a bargain. We have very restricted gun laws, so it’s a very limited market for sellers which affects the prizes. Just shot this revolver only one time and it has a very minimal recoil. Hope to improve my results in the target competition with this beauty.
Kind regards Dutch17.

·
Registered
27,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting that sweet revolver. You got a heck of a deal on it as well. Thanks for sharing the pics.:cool:

·
Registered
19,731 Posts
At that price you stole it! it would be a lot more here in the US. Have fun shooting it!

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Hey Dutch,

Welcome to :bluelogo:

Way to go!

Pics of a great K 22 ....... on your first post.

At that price..........you hearing sirens? :D

Get a couple/three cases of .22 ammo.......and you will be the best shooter in Western Europe!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and Dutch17

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts