Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several weeks ago I glommed something that has been on my wish list for a long time...A model 52. It landed at my FFL a few days ago and I got a chance to look it over before it went into his safe for the mandatory 10 day "cooling-off" period.

The auctioneer told me that it had been owned by a local collector who had passed away and was in excellent shape. After looking it over, I had to agree...

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
You will love shooting that piece. Feed it flush seated wad cutters and cut ragged holes in targets. Only downside is that mags are very expensive and can be temperamental. Enjoy and fine pistol.

·
Super Moderator
33,417 Posts
Welcome to the forum! welcome01

Looks like a nice Smith semi model that many are big fans of!

Reactions: Mustang

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! welcome01

Looks like a nice Smith semi model that many are big fans of!
Thanks, Wendy.

Big fan of Smith and Wesson guns here. I'll post some of my other S&W's

I've been looking for an affordable Model 52 for years. My ship finally came in ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Crazy accurate gun
Do you reload? It helps to feed it!:D
You will love shooting that piece. Feed it flush seated wad cutters and cut ragged holes in targets. Only downside is that mags are very expensive and can be temperamental. Enjoy and fine pistol.
Thanks, guys!

I don't reload for handgun calibers...yet. This might be a good excuse to start.

Was planning to use some Federal GMM to try this out.

·
Registered
24,545 Posts
Sweet score! Looks great and we can't wait for the range report. Congrats and enjoy!:)

Reactions: Mustang

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Thanks, guys!

I don't reload for handgun calibers...yet. This might be a good excuse to start.

Was planning to use some Federal GMM to try this out.
Hey Mustang,

Welcome to S&W.

Wow! A fine M 52! Wow!

You will use a 148gr DEWC. 3.0gr Bullseye or CLAYS. Federal 100 primer. (WSP will do nicely)

If you purchase cast bullets, it should cost you about $110/1,000 to load.

If you cast...well much less! :D

Later, Mark

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, 'harley.

Right now, I'm unable to pick up M52, because California has shut down their DROS system (DROS is what Cali does their NICS checks through)

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
You will love shooting it. I have the 52-1. If you don't reload there are still several companies that load a full wadcutter round. Here in Mississippi, I just call Precision Delta and have them ship me a case. Enjoy that 52, it will give you a case of the grins. I love mine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the tip SA!

I checked out their website and their products look solid. Notice they have two different .38 WC products. Which one do you use?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The California DROS system finally wheezed back to life and I was able to pick up my 52. I agree with the people who say it looks better with the wood grips.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts