Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, at a local dealer, I ran across this Model 29-10 "Classic". Condition is nearly new.
  • No rebound marks on the frame face[/*:m:1fqqtgic]
  • Barely discernable ring on the cylinder[/*:m:1fqqtgic]
  • No marks on stocks[/*:m:1fqqtgic]
  • No flashover on cylinder face[/*:m:1fqqtgic]
  • Included hard blue case, presentation case, fired case, manual, etc.[/*:m:1fqqtgic]
According to the dealer, who also sold this revolver originally, the previous owner only put about eighteen rounds through it. From the looks of it, I believe him. I brought it home to provide a nice environment for this lonely orphan.

I know. It has the dreaded IL, and the finish is not what a mint 29-2 would be. But this is a fine revolver, and it shoots like a dream. For its photo, it has the standard "classic" stocks. However, it wears Hogue grips for serious range time.

·
Super Moderator
32,484 Posts
Excellent picture quality, and the background really sets it off nicely.

I read more than post on the N-Frame threads here since the N-frame is a bit too big for my hands, but I do love all the great pictures that everybody shares of their revolvers. :)

·
Registered
19,776 Posts
Wendy, The Nframe is not that much bigger than a K/L frame, IMHO. The main thing is the grip size. Try it with the S&W Service stocks....... they are smaller. Most people find the Service stocks too small for their hand. ;) Bob

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Dennis,
That's a fine gun, and you'll be glad you bought it.
Of the many pals of mine that own that series, NONE has ever reported anything but compliments about the guns' action, accuracy and dependability.
There is so much misinformation and just plain crap flowing around the internet about late-model Smiths...I laugh each time I read another lame post. njgapjgj
Congratulations on a neat purchase!
Don
;)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm with injun on this one, those stocks are really nice. I love the retro-look the old style stocks give. I'm at the point where most of my Smiths wear Footballs! But, if you feel the need to get shed of them.......

I also like the Bluing, looks like the old 'Satin-Blue' they used to put on 28s. To me that's high-praise!

fnovnpoa fnovnpoa jhs;h; welldone

·
Super Moderator
32,484 Posts
Bob K said:
Wendy, The Nframe is not that much bigger than a K/L frame, IMHO. The main thing is the grip size. Try it with the S&W Service stocks....... they are smaller. Most people find the Service stocks too small for their hand. ;) Bob
I know what you mean about that, Bob. The only two N frames that I have shot, a model 27 and a 25, have the large target grips. I have shot a couple with the skinnier grips. I still only shot well SA because of the trigger reach.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts