Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I've been learning quite a bit on the S&W forum. I figured it was time to join you folks here. I'm not at all new to firearms, but new to double action revolvers. Next weekend I'll be picking up my first double action S&W. It's a S&W model 64-5 38spl.I ran into one at my local gun shop last weekend for a good price! It has the 4 inch heavy barrel. its in pretty good condition for a older model. It has the firing pin on the hammer, so I'm assuming it's probably 1980's or early 1990's. I have single action revolver that I enjoy shooting, so I'm sure this Smith will be a great shooter! Looking forward to learning as much as possible from the folks on this forum. Enjoy your weekend everybody!

·
Premium Member
19,358 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! S&W made the M64-5 from1988 to 1998. Square butts were discontinued in 1995/6. So, maybe that can narrow down the manufacture date until you can give us a serial number.

Reactions: JOG

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! S&W made the M64-5 from1988 to 1998. Square butts were discontinued in 1995/6. So, maybe that can narrow down the manufacture date until you can give us a serial number.
As soon as I pick it up I will do just that sir! Thank you for the welcome! Looking forward to learning about the classic Smith & Wesson's.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Hi JOG,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often.

·
Super Moderator
33,658 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hello JOG and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana!!! Enjoy!!! Let's see some pics of that new to you 64-5!!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome! Just to let you'll know I'm up here in cold snowy Maine!

·
Premium Member
11,694 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts