Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the stock trigger on my sd9ve with an Apex trigger and all the new springs. All went well until I tried to realign the trigger, trigger stop and slide stop and insert the the trigger hing pin. All I manage to do is get the trigger stop spring on top of the trigger stop. Can anyone give me directions on how to make a assembly tool that will hold everything together while i insert the trigger hing pin? Unfortunately Apex doesn't include one like MCarbo does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am replacing the stock trigger on my sd9ve with an Apex trigger and all the new springs. All went well until I tried to realign the trigger, trigger stop and slide stop and insert the the trigger hing pin. All I manage to do is get the trigger stop spring on top of the trigger stop. Can anyone give me directions on how to make a assembly tool that will hold everything together while i insert the trigger hing pin? Unfortunately Apex doesn't include one like MCarbo does.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Hi Boxcutter,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often.

·
Super Moderator
19,965 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I don't mean to send you on a wild goose chase, or to run you off, but you should go to youtube and look up SD9VE APEX trigger replacement. You can watch the video, and get your installation done right very easily that way. Youtube is your friend when it come to most assembly videos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum.
I don't mean to send you on a wild goose chase, or to run you off, but you should go to youtube and look up SD9VE APEX trigger replacement. You can watch the video, and get your installation done right very easily that way. Youtube is your friend when it come to most assembly videos.
I have watched the utube videos. All of the show the person using a "tool" to hold the trigger spring and the trigger together during the assembly process. I have tried numerous times to get it all together and what usually happens is the spring from the slide stop assembly pops on top of the locking block causing me to have to start all over. Very frustrating

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you are still having issues with this you could make a slave pin and use that to assemble it. If you are unfamiliar with a slave pin it is a shorter pin that is the same diameter as the pin that holds the trigger in place. If you make one make sure it is only long enough, so that it fits the internal width of the frame where the trigger pin goes. make sure you dechamfer the ends so make it easier to use. To use the slave pin: Holding the slave pin add all the parts in order as they would be when in the weapon. Then slide the entire section into the weapon where the trigger belongs. Once in place insert the factory trigger pin into the right side of the frame and gently push it through the entire trigger assembly pushing the slave pin out the left side of the frame. You cam look up slave pins on youtube and get a better understanding how to use them. The other option and the way I do it is to install all the trigger parts then take a punch that is slightly smaller and push it through the left side of the frame were the trigger pin goes. Appling pressure to the punch move the trigger and other parts around until you get the punch all the way through to the other side, Then install the trigger pin on the right side and push the punch back out using the trigger pin untol it is in place.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did you try using a Glock armorers punch or a suitable diameter roll pin punch to use as a slave pin? I like the MCARBO video where it shows re-installinig the trigger pin from left to right. Pretty sure Apex vid shows the opposite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts