Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I just became a member of the forum in hopes of getting some clarity on some guns I just took possession of. I believe the revolver is a 1948 K38 5 inch and the other to be a 1961-1962 Model 52.
I have the grips off the revolver right now as I was inspecting it and ordering a new set of grips since the other aren’t factory. No boxes or anything with them. Any idea what they’re worth?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your K38 looks to be a 6 inch barrel not a 5 inch. Barrel length on revolvers is measured from the front of the cylinder to the muzzle of the barrel not from the front of the frame to the muzzle. No idea as to value but nice looking revolver!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your K38 looks to be a 6 inch barrel not a 5 inch. Barrel length on revolvers is measured from the front of the cylinder to the muzzle of the barrel not from the front of the frame to the muzzle. No idea as to value but nice looking revolver!
If that’s the case, it’s a 6”. Thank you for the information!

·
Registered
30,035 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Nice handguns. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Reactions: Angelot1

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Hey I just became a member of the forum in hopes of getting some clarity on some guns I just took possession of. I believe the revolver is a 1948 K38 5 inch and the other to be a 1961-1962 Model 52.
I have the grips off the revolver right now as I was inspecting it and ordering a new set of grips since the other aren’t factory. No boxes or anything with them. Any idea what they’re worth?
View attachment 465625
View attachment 465626
View attachment 465627
View attachment 465628
View attachment 465630
Hey A,

Welcome to S&W!

Way to go! Pics of a pair of the finest .38's ever made!

Shoot them well & often!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As much as I love handguns, neither of these seem practical for me to own. If anyone is interested in them, I would be willing to sell. I don’t know what the process is for selling handguns out of state but I am in NY. If you’re interested, or know anyone that is interested, I would be happy to speak further about them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts