Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Happy New Year tonight!

I am happy to join the forum. As far as Smith and Wesson firearms go, I only have a M&P Shield. I like that little gun. However, there are a lot of S&W guns I like and have been looking at, such as full sized M&P pistols, M&P 15-22 rifle, Victory .22 LR, and many revolvers. I have fired all of those in various models. I know another firearm from S&W will enter my collection one day.

Cheers, The Mad Viking

· Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It always starts with just one welcome to the forum , it started with a 469 with me 2012 and have bought and sold a few since then.
Yeah, for some reason I gravitate towards S&W firearms a lot. I even bought a new S&W leather wallet, which is pretty sweet. I also like other manufacturers too.

My current collection includes Ruger, S&W, and Glock.

· Registered
12,061 Posts
Hey Viking,

Welcome to S&W....

Have fun!

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut

· Registered
11,102 Posts
greetings from FL mate, get you a revolver you will be on your way then :)

thewelshm

· Super Moderator
16,036 Posts
Welcome to a great forum.

I also have and carry a Shield in 9mm. It's a very good, reliable and compact pistol. For self defense and home defense, the full size M&P line is a good choice.

If you get into target shooting and need something with more precision look to a S&W revolver (an older model 10, 15, 65, 66, etc...) or a M1911a1 pistol. Their design allow for excellent accuracy and triggers. Of course the fitting of the individual gun makes the difference.

· Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome to a great forum.

I also have and carry a Shield in 9mm. It's a very good, reliable and compact pistol. For self defense and home defense, the full size M&P line is a good choice.

If you get into target shooting and need something with more precision look to a S&W revolver (an older model 10, 15, 65, 66, etc...) or a M1911a1 pistol. Their design allow for excellent accuracy and triggers. Of course the fitting of the individual gun makes the difference.
Thanks! Any recommendations for triggers for my Shield? I like it a lot, but the trigger pull is pretty heavy. Big reset. Other than that no complaints really.

Yes, I think I'd like a good S&W revolver at some point.

For target shooting, another option which I almost got recently is their Victory .22 LR pistols. Right out of the box they are very accurate. One of the most accurate pistols I've ever shot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.