Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am a new member to this forum from New Jersey. I am glad to be here and learn about my rifle and other S&W's. My first handgun was almost a M&P Shield and I was set on it, but when I went to the dealer I fell in love with the Walter PPQ M2 5" and got that over a year ago. My next purchase I knew was going to be a rifle. After doing research and speaking with some of my LE friends for advice I recently got this M&P Sport II with Crimson Trace Optic. I got this from Gunprime and had it shipped to my FFL dealer in NJ and had them modify it to be NJ compliant. I love this thing. My only complaint about this rife is I don't like the look and feel of the handguard. I want to replace it, but have problems finding one that would work. When I find a handguard I like I show the online store the picture below they tell me the handguard will not fit. I wanted to get one where I don't need to do any further changes. Does anyone have any recommendations of Handguards that will work for me?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am a new member to this forum from New Jersey. I am glad to be here and learn about my rifle and other S&W's. My first handgun was almost a M&P Shield and I was set on it, but when I went to the dealer I fell in love with the Walter PPQ M2 5" and got that over a year ago. My next purchase I knew was going to be a rifle. After doing research and speaking with some of my LE friends for advice I recently got this M&P Sport II with Crimson Trace Optic. I got this from Gunprime and had it shipped to my FFL dealer in NJ and had them modify it to be NJ compliant. I love this thing. My only complaint about this rife is I don't like the look and feel of the handguard. I want to replace it, but have problems finding one that would work. When I find a handguard I like I show the online store the picture below they tell me the handguard will not fit. I wanted to get one where I don't need to do any further changes. Does anyone have any recommendations of Handguards that will work for me?

Thanks,
Mike

View attachment 506088
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Mike

View attachment 506088
I'm new here and a brand new M&P15 Sport II owner as well and have the same problem ...
Have you looked at the
Magpul MAG424-ODG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at some Magpul Handgaurds at Heritage Guild in Rahway, but they didn't have my size. I'll look at that one. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks Wendy for the Welcome.

I ended up getting a Magpul MOE M-Lok carbine length handguard and also added a Fab Defense forward grip. I installed them today and went to the range afterwards and was extremely happy with the results. I bought the D Ring Tool thinking I would need to use it and it turns out I didn't need it.

Before
IMG_4954.jpg

After

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hello Nuhockey and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana!!! Good looking rifle, to bad your FFL has to make it NJ compliant!

Reactions: Nuhockey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Nuhockey and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana!!! Good looking rifle, to bad your FFL has to make it NJ compliant!
Thanks Tim. Yes too bad on the New Jersey Compliance. The way I look at it is that it saves me a lot of money cause it limits me on firing so much ammo. LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Tim. Yes too bad on the New Jersey Compliance. The way I look at it is that it saves me a lot of money cause it limits me on firing so much ammo. LOL
Hey, new to the forum as well and also in NJ. How did you go about having your dealer make it NJ compliant. I just had one shipped in (also from Gunprime) and they told me it needs to go back. Is this something the dealer could do if I ask or did you have a favor done?

·
Registered
17,213 Posts
What exactly is Garbage State compliant?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts