Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the "Constitution State" LOL. I'm glad I found this site. I favor revolvers of several manufacturers. I grew up using a few long guns but just got my first hand guns five years ago at 64 yrs old. I've got a variety of Colt, Ruger, S&W and Dan Wesson revolvers and only two semi autos. I want to start reloading soon and make use of the 10,000 pieces of 357 and 38 brass I've saved.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Welcome from Florida, the "Gunshine State"! My first handgun was a S&W 66 and I have been reloading for it for over 35 years; easy to do and fun to shoot!

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Welcome to the friendly forum. If you are only going to be loading 1 or 2 calibers, like 45acp and 38/357 I might recommend the Dillon Square Deal B. I’ve been using one for 35 years and only worn out one set of dies, so am quite happy with it,

·
Premium Member
11,463 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :coffee:

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I have only been reloading for 5 years. Didnt start until I was 52, so you can teach an old dog, new tricks

·
Registered
22,043 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hi Stonebuster,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often.

·
Premium Member
10,760 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If you're interested in starting reloading, I'd strongly recommend finding and taking a NRA reloading class.

I teach the class as a day long course, including a lab in the afternoon where we actually reload several rounds and take them to shoot out on our range, using our radar chronograph to evaluate their consistency.

The course book is worth the cost of the entire course (it was compiled by a consortium of reloading equipment manufacturers and the NRA instruction team) and the class will save you money; help you start out with the right equipment and teach you how to reload safely.

Many people make assumptions about things related to reloading that are just not true. The facts are often subtle, not apparent and rarely "something you have a feel about". Issues of safety in reloading mean you're much better off informed than working blind.

When I took the course, I learned first hand that you're not necessarily working safely just because you've got years of reloading experience. The material opened my eyes, and has helped every student I've taught over several years.

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts