Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all. like the title says, new member here, but long time S&W owner.
my first was a model 14 45 years ago when i joined the police force.
next came a 4506 when we were allowed to carry something other than a 38.
then a 629 Classic Magnum custom made for Accusport Arms.

my newest addition and the reason for coming here is a 351PD.
i love the gun, but have some issues with it. especially the fact it shoots 6 inches low and 3 inches right.
this was confirmed by using a laser bore sighter, and the crimson trace LG-305 grips.
with sights on target at 30 foot, both lasers are 3 right and 6 low which confirms my experience at the range 2 times and 50 rounds through it now.

my question is, is there any adjustment to the front sight?

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Welcome from Illinois! I recall some barrel cant issues with recent guns, but to fix that requires a return to S&W.

·
Registered
19,970 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NE Georgia. Sounds like you have a good little group there.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum from NE Georgia. Sounds like you have a good little group there.
yea, they keep me out of trouble. or in trouble, depending on what i am doing.
we have more in the mix. dad has 4 38's all over 50 years old from his time on the police force, and then post office. and my nephew has a few too. we are a S&W family.
i have three safes.
one for handguns, one for rifles, and one for scatter guns.

·
Registered
23,436 Posts
Welcome from SE AZ. My 351PD shoots like a rifle since I tuned the action to get rid of the ridiculous trigger pull (now 1 3/4 lbs. single action & around 7 DA) & switched to some Altamont rosewood combat grips to fit my hand. Unfortunately the front sight can't be changed for windage, it could be swapped for elevation. The barrel is sleeved so it's not just a matter of twisting it slightly like the older guns. The rear sight could be opened a bit w/ the right files to help some. A trip back to S&W might be needed. W/ Crimson Trace I find even a miniscule adjustment causes the zero to move a huge amount. I've had zero luck w/ their service dept.. 20180911_105401.jpg

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Greeting to the friendly forum mate...

thewelshm

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois..

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Welcome to the forum from West Tennessee. I am planning to buy the 351 C soon. I hope it shoots good.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
27,257 Posts
Hi and welcome from NW Pennsylvania!:cool:

·
Super Moderator
19,714 Posts
Welcome. I'm sorry to hear of these issues with your wheelgun.
It sounds like a trip back to the factory is in order. Give their service dept a call and have them send you a prepaid return label, then send it back.
They will usually send it thru e-mail, so the delays to you are minimal.
I wish you well getting this fixed, and hope for better shooting evolution's in your future.

Regards,
Gearchecker

Here is the contact info for the service center:

Contact information for S&W Service Center and Customer Service
By Email: [email protected]
[HR][/HR]By Telephone:
1-800-331-0852 (USA)
Mon-Fri
8:00AM-8:00PM Eastern Time

1-413-781-8300 (International)
Mon-Fri
8:00AM-5:00PM Eastern Time
[HR][/HR]By Fax:
1-413-747-3317 (USA)
1-413-731-8980
(International)
[HR][/HR]By Mail:
Smith & Wesson
2100 Roosevelt Avenue

Reactions: Injunbro

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks Gearchecker.
you guys rock!
i just got off the Phone with Monique, and she was all apologetic, and swore they would make things rite.
she sent me a pre paid pre insured shipping label to start what i am sure is going to be a pain free repair process.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
well, it took a month, but S&W finally figured it out i guess because i got confirmation of return shipping yesterday with delivery by end of day Monday.
then this am i find that it will probably be at least another month before i get it.... if i ever get it, because they shipped with fex ex.
shipped yesterday 3:51 pm from Windsor Locks CT.
and fed ex sent it to Memphis Tenn, 1100 miles south of me here in New Jersey where it arrived at 9:34 am today.
scheduled deliver to a non existent address on thursday because fed ex changes my real address to one 5 miles away.
and since a signature is required, that are going to send it back to S&W as undeliverable.

·
Premium Member
11,950 Posts
welcome01 to the forum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts