Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Just found this Smith and Wesson forum. Have been on other forums for some time but always enjoy the opportunity of meeting new shootists learning more. This is my only S & W at this time.
As stated on other forums, I recently acquired a model 67-1 4" ser# AHY71**. Grips are not #'d to gun but at least are wood! Has DPR on left side of frame. Would be interested in her date of manufacture and what DPR stands for. Appears in very good to excellent to my untrained eye. Locks up tight with no fore-aft play. b-c gap is .005 all the way around. Interestingly the rear sight is cranked all the way to right. Will leave it until I shoot it tomorrow to see what gives. Gave a good washing and light oiling. Shooting 158gr jckd and 130gr jckd. Look forward to tomorrow. Hope to have some photos then too. No matter what I try I always seem to end up back with a K frame.
TaKe CaRe
Ted

·
Super Moderator
8,963 Posts
Welcome Ted, I can't seem to find that serial number with the prefix AHY, I only see AHA and AHS-AHT. I am sure someone else will be able to help you out and hopefully shed some light on what I am missing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Hunter,
Thanks for the quick response. Just to make sure I double checked the number on the butt of the revolver and it is a Y. Appreciate your trying. If I get a chance tomorrow and no one else has come up with a better response I may see if Books A Million has a copy I can check. They do not mind if you browse that way occasionally.
TaKe CaRe
Ted

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
Here is my model 67-1. It only took me 3hours to finally get it up. Just ordered a set of grips from Hogue Auction. We will see how they turn out.

TaKe CaRe
Ted

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice shooter Ted! A 67 is definitely on my list..... along with a 64, a 65, a 19, a 15, another 28, a 27 4", another 27 3.5",,,,,, :roll:

Welcome to the forum and the addiction....... Just remember, "I'm o.k., you're o.k, everybody is ooo.k.".

·
Registered
501 Posts
Welcome Shakyjake

Looks nice. The grip adapter you have is a Tyler T grip. Many folks think that is all you need to fill the void on a Smith and Wesson K Frame as you have. Try that and the houge you get on the auction. I have my model 67 no dash set up with a Tyler and love it. Save the wooden grips if you like the others. Someone will thank you later. Enjoy the information here and the fine folks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All
Have been practicing and have found that the Aguila 158gr are very accurate. Also acquired a set of Hogue wood 2nds from their auction site. Seem to help with my hold. Expect to have some pics up tomorrow. got to run now.
TaKe CaRe
Ted

·
Super Moderator
11,039 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The Standard catalog, unfortunately, doesn't list every 3 letter prefix for some reason. However, it is reasonable to assume, reading between the lines, that your gun was made sometime in 1985.

Nice gun.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
What Forester said +1
Welcome to the forum Jake. Stick around and you will ave N frameitis soon enough. After reading/seeing about this new fangled "L" frame, I have even taken to looking at them with vile and adulterous thoughts :mrgreen:

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
Welcome Jake!!! ;) I prefer the look and feel of Hogue Finger grooved grips, also. Just bought a 2nd pair from Cherryland Sales for $26, also in Pao Ferro......I like the looks of this wood. kfjdrfirii Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi All
Well lost my first try at post a pic. So here we go again

Did not realize how out of focus it is until it got up here.
Bob, took a quick look at Cherryland Sales and lgnngp . Put it in my favorites for future ref..
Azmick, Tend to agree about the 500-600 series. Just do not have a real appeal to me. I have found them to be a bit front heavy. Sometimes good, but not with revolvers. kfjdrfirii . There is a blue 2.5" M19 at my favorite pushers now for $495 which I just can not come up with the money. nhvaoavo

TaKe CaRe
Ted

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi All,
Below are three pictures of the M67 with her new grips on from Hogue. These are 2nds and as you can see have the single groove. I had this once before and it fit my hand quite well. These seem to also and my groups shrunk by about 30-40% after I replaced the standard grips and Taylor T-grips. I really enjoy shooting this revolver. She is well balanced and all around very tight for a used gun.

Thanks for looking and reading.
TaKe CaRe
Ted

1 - 13 of 13 Posts