Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just became a member of the forum in hopes of getting some clarity on some guns I just took possession of. I believe the revolver is a 1948 K38 5 inch and the other to be a 1961-1962 Model 52.
I have the grips off the revolver right now as I was inspecting it and ordering a new set of grips since the other aren’t factory. No boxes or anything with them but they both appear to be in very good condition. Any idea what they’re worth?

·
Registered
make mine 45 acp 😎
4,039 Posts
both very nice guns.. looks like your dad was a target shooter, two of the best 38 wadcutter shooters you could buy right there.

the 52 is the most value, but being primarily a target gun, has a smaller buyer pool. Saw one listed this week on the local trader in similar shape, no box or papers, but with 3 mags at $1k. It sold pretty quickly.

the K38 is actually a 6" (measure from end of barrel to cylinder face) and has a wider audience. Condition looks good, but without the number orig grips it takes a hit. Id say it would run $500 or so around here, especially since 38's are not a big in-demand cartridge these days.. But any good S&W guy would give it a second look..

estimates are tricky, you have to take regional verus national differences into account..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses!

As much as I love handguns, neither of these seem practical for me to own. If anyone is interested in them, I would be willing to sell. I don’t know what the process is for selling handguns out of state but I am in NY. If you’re interested, or know anyone that is interested, I would be happy to speak further about them.

·
Banned
2 Posts

As much as I love handguns, neither of these seem practical for me to own. If anyone is interested in them, I would be willing to sell. I don’t know what the process is for selling handguns out of state but I am in NY. If you’re interested, or know anyone that is interested, I would be happy to speak further about them.

Hello Angelot1,
Is your S&W Model 52 still available?
I am looking to purchase one for bullseye shooting.
Please reply if you are still thinking of selling it?
Thanks!

Louis

·
Super Moderator
11,420 Posts
Hello Angelot1,
Is your S&W Model 52 still available?
I am looking to purchase one for bullseye shooting.
Please reply if you are still thinking of selling it?
Thanks!

Louis
Banned.

Just registered. Two posts trying to buy outside of classifieds. Canadian resident. Nice try.

Lost in the woods... Hopefully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts