Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I am not sure if something is not functioning correctly, but my new hi-viz shield doesnt have a trigger resent or pull when when actioned w/o an magazine loaded (empty). If I cycle dry fire the gun with empty magazine there is a audible break, but doing the same without he magazine, there is no trigger action. Is this typical? I dont experience this with my other semi pistols, and have seen review videos of the shield not having this issue. Thank you friends.

·
Registered
15,310 Posts
Are you racking the slide a little bit in between trigger pulls to reset the striker?. My Shield has a warning below ejection port that says the gun can fire without a magazine in place. and mine will

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you racking the slide a little bit in between trigger pulls to reset the striker?. My Shield has a warning below ejection port that says the gun can fire without a magazine in place. and mine will
I do live in california, and my slide has the loaded when up bullet warning thing. I racking it as typically you would do so to load the chamber, but absolutely no trigger reset. I am not sure if this is a safety measure put into the weapon or something not functioning correctly. For example i have 2 other pistols (springfield xd) that will reset the trigger after being racked, with or without a magaizine loaded during a dryfire or function check exercise.

·
Registered
15,310 Posts
I have no idea what all they may have had to do to the gun to make it CA compliant. Mine doesn't have the pop up loaded chamber indicator and will dry fire or live fire without a magazine. I would ask at the shop where you got it or call S&W

1 - 6 of 6 Posts