Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Great gun! Mine is 4 years old and has been flawless. I use CLP , Hoppes and M7 Pro for cleaning, and welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
18,397 Posts
Nice looking Shield! I use Strike Hold on most of my guns. It puts a coating on the metal that adheres and is hydrophobic. It is also a dry lubricant that carbon does not stick to. After shooting you can usually just wipe your gun clean with a dry cloth. I do use MPro7 grease on the slide. But, maybe you are more traditional. I suggest making your own CLP from inexpensive ingredients. The concoction is called Ed's Red Gun Bore Cleaner. It can be made by the gallon from ingredients found at a hardware store or Walmart.

·
Premium Member
10,250 Posts
I like Kydex IWB holsters.

Zorn makes a good one.

A less expensive one can be found on Ebay like:

( Search Ebay for: Custom-Molded-Synthetic-IWB-Holster-Browing-CZ-Ruger-S-amp-W-Springfield )

These holsters are comfortable, thin, have a bit of retention and stay open after you draw allowing easy reinsertion with one hand. $25 is a good deal for a custom molded holster.

·
Premium Member
11,433 Posts
You will enjoy it. Mine will turn two this summer.

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
I use CLP and a little dab of oil on the contact points shown in the manual, congratulations on new pistolkfjdrfirii

1 - 8 of 8 Posts