Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the S&W Bodyguard .380 tried to pull the safety down to get the gun safe - wouldn't move at all.

Haven't even fired the gun yet.
How or can this situation be remedy?
HELP GUYS 馃槬

Premium Member
I had a student show up to one of our CCH classes with one of these. It jammed after firing 3 shots. We could not unlock it, and had to discharge the chambered round before the student could leave the range with it. Ended up loaning them one of our instructor's guns.

Take it back to the store and ask them to resolve the problem. I fear that S&W may have either a design or assembly problem.

Registered
Up is SAFE, down is FIRE, the red dot means blood, don't treat it as a street traffic light, like a friend of mine that thought red was safe.
and to your #2 question " How or can this situation be remedy?" READ THE MANUAL, or take a safety class, the life you save might be your own.

Registered
I had a student show up to one of our CCH classes with one of these. It jammed after firing 3 shots. We could not unlock it, and had to discharge the chambered round before the student could leave the range with it. Ended up loaning them one of our instructor's guns.

Take it back to the store and ask them to resolve the problem. I fear that S&W may have either a design or assembly problem.
Did you read the post ? he is pushing down to go on safe, it's the other way around on the Bodyguards.

Registered
Given the trigger pull weight and the small size and detent spring tension of the safety lever, this is probably the last S&W that would need a safety.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts